Return to “Games”

Re: Stellaris

Well I sat down and played it with a friend and this time I actually started understanding things more. I still think the AI expands a bit too quickly and its hard to form a federation (I have like 10 planets now and still no federation research :evil: ) but I am enjoying myself.

I have an immense appreciation for how well they made the game so a ton of mods can be put together into a single game and not crash. My friend and I have a Star Wars overhaul, A Star Wars ship pack, the EVE Online Faction/Ship pack, some anime faction/ships he likes, and like 2 music addons with no issues. Its pretty great that we can choose whatever faction from whatever universe we want and combine them in a single game and make them fight each other :D

It really starts getting crazy once you get a century or so in and everyone is well-established. I managed to form a federation early, before the first century passed. It started out with some of the most powerful empires, and over about 80 years and 4-5 major wars we've whittled our enemies down to a single seperatist enclave and the only other galactic superpower that isn't a fallen empire. Now that it's just the two of them I expect we might be able to start winning some real victories against them. It'll still probably be another century or so before we take them down, however.

MrPerson wrote:Well I sat down and played it with a friend and this time I actually started understanding things more. I still think the AI expands a bit too quickly and its hard to form a federation (I have like 10 planets now and still no federation research :evil: ) but I am enjoying myself.

I have an immense appreciation for how well they made the game so a ton of mods can be put together into a single game and not crash. My friend and I have a Star Wars overhaul, A Star Wars ship pack, the EVE Online Faction/Ship pack, some anime faction/ships he likes, and like 2 music addons with no issues. Its pretty great that we can choose whatever faction from whatever universe we want and combine them in a single game and make them fight each other :D
federation research is pretty far up in the diplomacy subtree, you need a fair bit of the other alliance/diplomacy techs for it to unlock.
Stellaris Temporary

JanB1 wrote:Because I'm playing [stellaris] atm
Another Stellaris player!
If you are keen to have a multiplayer match after 1.5 drops, come past the IRC. :D
There are about 6 of us who play there, and you would surely be welcome when we get the first big game of the next patch going. :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);
Re: Post Your Favorite Sci-Fi Concept Art

Silverware wrote:
JanB1 wrote:Because I'm playing [stellaris] atm
Another Stellaris player!
If you are keen to have a multiplayer match after 1.5 drops, come past the IRC. :D
There are about 6 of us who play there, and you would surely be welcome when we get the first big game of the next patch going. :D
Copy that, will watch by. Oh, and "IRC"? This still exists? That's at least as old as the internet (Hah! Jokes again!)...
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Talvieno wrote:It does indeed exist, and it's regularly quite active. :) We tried to switch to Discord, but nobody wanted it. Now we only use Discord for voice chat... on occasion.
Usually for people to talk during Stellaris or HoI4 games :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020

Talvieno wrote:
JanB1 wrote:What program do you use? I sued to use mIRC, Quassel and finally Hexchat.
Hexchat seems to be the standard.
I use IRSSI, but I connect via a linux jumphost because work blocks the port :V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Silverware wrote:
Talvieno wrote:
JanB1 wrote:What program do you use? I sued to use mIRC, Quassel and finally Hexchat.
WHen work blocks the IRC-port, you know that the admins know what they do. XD
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

JanB1 wrote:
Silverware wrote:
Talvieno wrote: Hexchat seems to be the standard.
WHen work blocks the IRC-port, you know that the admins know what they do. XD
Actually it's only blocked because the proxy we have is a pain in the arse, I can push anything I want though 80 or 443, so I could just use my server at home as a tunnel, rather than a host. But having it as a host means I stay logged in all the time. :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Talvieno wrote:
Sooo...uhm...where exactly do I find the IRC address again? I think I missed a memo there...
Nothing to see here

Online Now