Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Images!

Mistycica wrote:Milk goes first or you're just plain wrong.
Milk second, not that I drink tea, but with tea you need to allow it to steep, and milk prevents that occurring at optimal levels.

Now, if we were talking the one true beverage, coffee, then you would be right, as the milk acts as a temperature buffer, preventing the boiling water from potentially burning the coffee. (at least for instant, for espresso it gets made differently)
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Depends on the tea - quality tea should steep in the (pre-scalded) pot, and milk should be added to the cup first.
With Tibetan tea, the rancid yak butter should be added last (along with the salt).
Oolite Naval Attaché

Silverware wrote: Now, if we were talking the one true beverage, coffee, then you would be right, as the milk acts as a temperature buffer, preventing the boiling water from potentially burning the coffee. (at least for instant, for espresso it gets made differently)
For expresso you need to put in milk first too, so the foamy coffee being poured into the cup makes the top foam layer creamy :D
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Mistycica wrote:Well obviously I brew my tea to perfection in a pot first, and milk goes into the teacup. I'm not a barbarian :v

:lol:
:think: I can't remember the last time I made a pot of tea for one, Mistycica. It's extra washing up for me and I find it adds little to my enjoyment taste wise. :angel:

I break enough china as it is. :lol:

Victor Tombs wrote:
:think: I can't remember the last time I made a pot of tea for one, Mistycica. It's extra washing up for me and I find it adds little to my enjoyment taste wise. :angel:

I break enough china as it is. :lol:
I bought a beautiful cast iron teapot lately, such an adult thing to do D: It is really pretty though and I get a lot of use out of it.
panic

Online Now