Return to “Games”

Re: Elite Dangerous

Philip Coutts wrote:Probably be released about the same time that LT sees the light of day :shock:

(only joking of course :lol: )
Well, I do own the offline single player Limit Theory Prototype, Philip, but I know that isn't the same as the all singing all dancing Beta which we are still waiting to play. Even Chris Roberts will be supplying an offline offering with his Squadron 42 game. It's rather strange that a game like Elite which, up until this latest incarnation, has always been known as a friend of those who prefer the offline experience is the only one that seems to have abandoned those players it once served. :angel:

Dinosawer wrote:Ah, they're finally adding that thing they claimed was in the initial release? :ghost:
It was actually added a while ago, as far as I can tell. It just took a while for players to run into it.
But yeah, I would have loved encountering this in the initial release. Still, better late than never. And you have to admit it's INCREDIBLY amazingly epic. :squirrel:

--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

Dinosawer wrote:Sure, it was in before, it just happens that it took players a while to find it, which is why a ton of people suddenly find it on the same day within hours of eachother. Because it was hard to find. :ghost:
Much like gold rushes. Takes forever to find the spot with lots of gold, but when 1 person does, soon hundreds are there raking in gold. People are able to easily reproduce it, but it took a long time for it to first happen. AFAIK; I'm not ruling out the possibility of an overnight server manipulation by FD. :ghost:

On a side note, my Imperial Cutter looks epic with a Chrome paint job, reflecting nicely both the nearby star and the blackness of space: Image --IronDuke
I-War 2 thread

Shamelessly copy-pasted from this thread on the E:D forum.

You know you're ELITE when:

When you begin the docking sequence, the station says “Oh no, we got this” and moves in to dock on you.

When being harassed by pirates, you successfully mined a hole into the center of an asteroid, and the space cops showed up.

You outfitted a size two heat sink launcher, and the first time you used it, people scanned you to get discovery credit for a black hole.

A Type-9 transporter has yielded the right of way to you.

Imperial ships bask in your presence.

Federal ships bask in your presence.

Alliance ships bask in your presence. And it doesn’t even faze you that they exist.

Thargoid ships scan you for engineering data, because you permit this. They hold to their end of the treaty.

Famous explorers have scratched out their names around planets and moons, and put your name in their place. As a gift.

...And you have yet to accept or return these gifts.

When you warp into a system that has an Angry Mr. Sun, he gives you your space.

When you land on a high gravity world, it lightens up.

Every wing has room for you.

Every system you dock at saves a special mission just for you.

You’ve gained ranks in the Alliance, but haven’t maxed it out. You’ll get around to that when you’re good and ready.

When they told you you couldn’t dock at a station because there weren’t any large pads, you told them you could wait. And you did.

...And then you still got your mission done in time.

The commodity market always has extras in stash for when you visit.

Black holes and Neutron Stars are scared of you.

When you turn on silent running, your ship’s volume slightly decreases.

You do not gank other ships. You graciously bestow upon them, the damage. They politely accept.

When others are having fun, you join in. Your name is among the first in any community event.

You don’t always check the forums, but when you do, they’re invariably talking about you.

Stay dangerous my friends.

--IronDuke
I-War 2 thread

Online Now