Return to “General”

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

Talvieno wrote:There was talk of me being the community manager at one point, and I tried my best to fill those shoes, but I don't think that's going to happen at this point. He just doesn't talk to me enough.
I think you would do a great job.

Some points off the top of my head probably required:
  • Being Able to Communicate With Josh
    Josh doesn't seem comfortable talking on a regular basis to just anyone. A real life friend would probably be best. Francois, Cornflakes or Talvieno seem like they might be able to fill this point.
  • Having Access to an Alpha Copy
    Josh would have to trust a current copy of LT to his community manager so he or she could draw media from it to post to everyone.
  • Friendly and Sociable
    You would be a representative of Josh. You would have to sometimes put your personal feelings aside and do what perhaps thing Josh would want you to do. Talvieno would probably shine at this.
  • Willing to Put the Hours In
    Putting together proper media releases can take more time than one might think. We would forgive Josh (at this point particularly), to release quick screen shots with minimal information, but as a community manger the bar would be set higher.
My Signature

WASAVA wrote:
Francois Jolin wrote:
Talvieno wrote:There was talk of me being the community manager at one point, and I tried my best to fill those shoes, but I don't think that's going to happen at this point. He just doesn't talk to me enough.

You do an awesome job for sure Talvieno, let's see after the next update how we can restart this communication channel.

I would like to believe that this is have some true...if you talk with josh ...tell him that the comunity we the backers reclaim to have fresh news about this project ? when we see a beta or at least alpha release ? or this project is going to be canceled ...we need news very soon abou this
(sorry to go off topic here for a second)

Wasava, are you really from Medellín? It's such a beautiful city. I'm not sure how much of it's media hype, but are the stories of the crime and other issues true? Sorry, I just never ran across anyone from there before.
My Signature

Zanteogo wrote:
I think you would do a great job.

Some points off the top of my head probably required:
  • Being Able to Communicate With Josh
    Josh doesn't seem comfortable talking on a regular basis to just anyone. A real life friend would probably be best. Francois, Cornflakes or Talvieno seem like they might be able to fill this point.
I've done all right in the past... he just hasn't talked to me for a while. :P
[*] Having Access to an Alpha Copy
Josh would have to trust a current copy of LT to his community manager so he or she could draw media from it to post to everyone.
I'm not at all convinced he'd give me access to an Alpha copy. That would be nice, and I could definitely post updates myself from it, but I'm not sure it'd happen.
[*] Friendly and Sociable
You would be a representative of Josh. You would have to sometimes put your personal feelings aside and do what perhaps thing Josh would want you to do. Talvieno would probably shine at this.
:D Thanks, Zanteogo.
[*] Willing to Put the Hours In
Putting together proper media releases can take more time than one might think. We would forgive Josh (at this point particularly), to release quick screen shots with minimal information, but as a community manger the bar would be set higher. [/list]
I could definitely do this... especially if it was paid, considering I kind of need a job. :ghost: Not necessarily much paid, but... I'm not sure that Josh has the funds for it right now. Regardless, I think I've put plenty of hours in already with REKT and trying to keep his community on life support 'til he got back, which is taking considerably longer than I initially expected.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Even if this doesn't mean much, I would be 100% in agreement with Talv being Josh's community manager.
He's already doing just that, but without the resources that an official community manager would have.

This is considering that Talv has been sinking an insane amount of time and dedication to this forum and its people.

ShadowXV5 wrote:Even if this doesn't mean much, I would be 100% in agreement with Talv being Josh's community manager.
He's already doing just that, but without the resources that an official community manager would have.

This is considering that Talv has been sinking an insane amount of time and dedication to this forum and its people.
VOTE TALVIENO 2016
Because the "other" election is just a choice between two horrible options
My Signature

Zanteogo wrote:
ShadowXV5 wrote:Even if this doesn't mean much, I would be 100% in agreement with Talv being Josh's community manager.

VOTE TALVIENO 2016
Image LT Backer Number: 647 of 5449.

Zanteogo wrote:

VOTE TALVIENO 2016
Well you will be happy to find out that there are five other candidates running for president, besides the other two. Independents might have a chance this year.

But anyways, yes I fully agree that Talvieno would make a great Community Manager. I just wish that Josh wouldn't stress out about the update and instead just release something, anything that shows progress being made in the past year.

I know the feeling, Nathan, but I had no idea he was considering appointing a community manager. You would be a good candidate for the position. :thumbup: :angel:

Francois Jolin wrote:Hi guys, a little update on my part. Hope it doesn't backlash into more frustrations. :mrgreen:
One thing I can say at this moment is that I have been in regular communication with Josh over the year.
He may have his own reasons for being currently in the dark or being very cryptic lately and I will not try to argue on any's side because I understand some his reasons/difficulties and very much the community's impatience.

Development takes much more time than expected and for sure the main reasons is part perfectionism, some personal struggles but mostly the code rewrite to bring the programming to its most logical state in order to approach the final push. It remains a one-man band feat with some trials and errors getting the game up to this point.

I wish he got back to a tighter community postings schedule as I enjoyed his daily updates and I hope he comes back here soon.
The last time we talked it was backers and community updates. So I hope to see more of it soon! :)
Thanks for your post, Francois. :D I'm always glad to see you here. :angel:

BFett wrote: Well you will be happy to find out that there are five other candidates running for president, besides the other two. Independents might have a chance this year.
The independents will probably do better than they ever have, but no where close to winning. There are too many obsessed and fanatical Hillary and Trump followers.
I can't vote, because I am not American. :D I however live an a country that has long ago been culturally taken over by them, and we pay more attention to their elections than our own.
I suppose if I could, I would hold my nose and vote Hillary. Lesser of the evils that have any chance of actually winning...
BFett wrote: But anyways, yes I fully agree that Talvieno would make a great Community Manager. I just wish that Josh wouldn't stress out about the update and instead just release something, anything that shows progress being made in the past year.
If Talvieno is made a community manager with direct access to Josh's work. He could at least release information.
My Signature

Zanteogo wrote: I suppose if I could, I would hold my nose and vote Hillary. Lesser of the evils that have any chance of actually winning...
Um, are you aware of everything concerning her? She released highly classified information during the last debate.

Tycow, I couldn't agree more. We don't hate you Josh! We actually support you, we care about your project and would like confirmation about what has occurred in the last year. Even if it has been a tough year with lots of things slowing down development time, we want to know.

Online Now