Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: Mission 3: Sitatha Canyons

"...Well...that didn't quite work out...dammit!"

"Nice Idea with the CASKETs, Nequeba! Wouldn't have thought of that. For now we better stay here until your ships arrive."
"On that note though...Doctor, I overheard your conversation with your AI...we found a sizeable field of green plants on the plateau here. I'll see if I can send you the scans I made of those."

"SCAMPS? Can you get some indications that those Fliers around here also attack the pilot-less CASKETs? perhaps they have a way to sense life...or perhaps even conciousness..."
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

"DUCK, SCAMPS, I vas looking for the rubber DUCK!"

Remember everything I learned from the manual about the ejection system to make sure I don't mess up ejecting.
Turn down the eject power to a few meters worth of flight (or so as to minimize the impact with the ceiling).
Set it to direct me sideways (at the cave-in) after ejection if that is an option.
Make sure I don't loose my guns n' stuff.
Take the duck with me too.
Eject.
Try to protect myself from the impact.
When on ground,
- UN-CHAIR MYSELF
- RUN
- RUN FOR THE CAVE-IN
- DON'T DIE DA?
- Assess situation around me as I run. See if I can help someone or what-not.

Once I cross the cave-in
- Try to kill anything threatening UNIT with a burst from my minigun.
- But another burst of minigun fire into the Console.
- Run for Unit's ship.
Last edited by Triggerhappy on Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

F4wk35 wrote: "SCAMPS? Can you get some indications that those Fliers around here also attack the pilot-less CASKETs? perhaps they have a way to sense life...or perhaps even conciousness..."
"They weren't attacked, but it did get pretty dusty on the flight northwest. Payback-13's met with minimal visibility issues."
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

"Unit, stay close to your ship. If you see any enemies, try to hop in and shoot them with your laser. For the time being however, see what you can do with that control panel. I don't think we have any hackers right now."

"Servius, Dak and Trigger, just try to keep away from the spiders. There's not much I can advise you to do in this situation. Obviously if you can think of a way to fight these things (that does not include blowing us all to hell), then go for it."
Breaker of fortune cookies

"Squad 3, your commander speaking. Blake and Francis are both far enough now for using Tesla Arc on the pillar. However, it occurred to me it might not be the brightest of ideas after all, given our previous experiences."

Remember my planetary biospheres studies, namely, the Gaia theory.

What if this entire planet, across its multi-dimensional instances, has a biosphere - or, rather, a technobiosphere, that's designed to keep the planet whole against any external forces trying to upset the equilibrium? What if those black shapes people encountered are some sort of immune system designed to keep the fast-flying objects away? What if those robotic plants and mind-controlling pillars are a part of the same system, directed to keep intruders away from the delicate machinery that's keeping this planet together?

What if it degenerated and regressed over the years, and is now severely dysfunctional, barely holding its own against both the gravity of the gas giant and the intruding forces?

That would explain a lot of what we've seen.

"Folks, I think every 'enemy' we've encountered so far is a part of some sort of an 'immune system' this place has. I think it's falling apart, but it's still a lot bigger than us. And the most important part is that I think the more we mess with it, the more it'll attack us. I suggest trying to be sneaky instead. Going for the objective, flying low at extremely low speed, or even better - going on the ground. Avoiding the enemy at all times. We've already triggered it, so it'll keep on searching us, but engaging it will only bring more of them."

Looking at the map, and bloody Hell, that's not looking good.

"Nequeba, seems that Francis is still mind-controlled despite being so far away from the pillar. That doesn't bode well for Blake either. You have a crossbow with a sticky-cable bolt, and the gravity-amp thingy...do you think you can try to use them to pull Francis out of where he currently is? If you think you can, make sure you are tethered to something heavy, like a CASKET. I'll try to retrieve Blake."

Get into the COFFIN,
bucle in,
start the engine.
Don't close the cockpit.
Take a mortar-style high-angle shot at the pillar with incendiary+oil bolt.
Fly towards Blake at low speed, avoiding the pillar.
WHEN attacked evade.
Dock to the Blake's CASKET using docking clamps technique,
Use robotic hands to hold it in place if necessary.
IF his ship is securely attached to mine:
- fly to E9 and out of the energy field thingy.
IF I can't secure his ship:
- stay close to him and evade his attacks.
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

"Huh, looks like I've found out what's holding this wastehole together. The crucible and pillars here seem to be projecting some kind of shield around the entire moon. I suggest we treat this thing with caution, lest we want to cause this whole place to fall apart. I'm highly curious where all of the energy of the shield comes from, though..."

outlander4 wrote:"
"Folks, I think every 'enemy' we've encountered so far is a part of some sort of an 'immune system' this place has. I think it's falling apart, but it's still a lot bigger than us. And the most important part is that I think the more we mess with it, the more it'll attack us. I suggest trying to be sneaky instead. Going for the objective, flying low at extremely low speed, or even better - going on the ground. Avoiding the enemy at all times. We've already triggered it, so it'll keep on searching us, but engaging it will only bring more of them."
Hapchazzard wrote:"Huh, looks like I've found out what's holding this wastehole together. The crucible and pillars here seem to be projecting some kind of shield around the entire moon. I suggest we treat this thing with caution, lest we want to cause this whole place to fall apart. I'm highly curious where all of the energy of the shield comes from, though..."
"That...doesn't sound good. If the Commander really is right with his assumption...Anyway, I kind of agree with his theory, at least it is a theory that makes somewhat sense..."

"Nequeba and William, I will try to find a way down into the Canyon where the objective is, once your CASKETs arrived and we tried to fish Francis...and I'll also look for a way through that shield. I suggest that you two keep together most of the time, and that we should regroup in case there's a threat approaching."

Try to remember if I saw the trees, that the first Platoon spoke of, on the way down from Orbit.
Re-route the coolant-flow to prevent it from flowing out of the hole.
At least it wasn't the life support...we really got lucky there.
Wait for the CASKETs to arrive.
Drive over to Nequeba and offer assistence by providing a counterweight to tether to (my CASKET) when she prepares to fish for Francis.
Use my own PDA to try and pinpoint Nequeba's PDA.
Use my hacking equipment to try and find Nequeba's PDA
After the CASKETs arrived and stuff is done, drive north to the border of that Cut-in on the map at D1

As this is near the place where we saw the strange figure:
Keep the eyes open at all times, looking for something unusual/potentially dangerous/interesting sights.
If I happen to find Nequeba's PDA.
-Stop for a moment and pick it up.
-Copy all recent files onto my PDA.
-Then get back into the CASKET and drive onwards.

If attacked
-Return fire with one salvo of the particle gun
-get into cover
-If about to be overwhelmed
--Flee south
--take cover
Last edited by F4wk35 on Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

When the CASKETs arrive, get in mine. Take the tether with me. :shh:
Follow Fawkes, as low as possible.

If attacked
-Speak with fowl language. :ghost:
Quack!
Dodge like a greased duck escaping a funnel trap. ((That has happened, you know. :twisted: ))
-Get into cover

If CASKET is damaged beyond further use
-Speak with fowl language.
-Get out of the CASKET.
-If not under attack while on foot
--Pede after the others.
((Yay fancy regional word that you probably will have to look up and might not exist. It means "walk." :geek: :monkey: :ghost: ))
-else get into cover.
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

Hapchazzard wrote:"Huh, looks like I've found out what's holding this wastehole together. The crucible and pillars here seem to be projecting some kind of shield around the entire moon. I suggest we treat this thing with caution, lest we want to cause this whole place to fall apart. I'm highly curious where all of the energy of the shield comes from, though..."
I suggest we try to keep it active, if it projects a shield around the entire moon it propably is the reason that the moon isn't reduced to dust ...
Don't let idiots touch the controls please *quick glance at dinosawer* I wouldn't like for the ceiling to collapse in on us ...
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Taking a moment, he contemplates his vision. Francis the chosen one? Can it be true? And what was that memory... the dream is fading quickly. It's a silly question, the loss of popularity was due to being thrown into the REKT program for a crime he hadn't committed despite evidence stating otherwise. But before that, the cause for the loss of friends was something that still stumped him. Oh well, he had earned the respect of his squad mates and was now considered a veteran. Just seven more missions and he was free to rebuild his life.

BFett looks around the room, being a bit surprised that members of Dino's squad are here.

He then remembers the spray from the acid dart getting on his feet and looks at them to asses the damage.

“Ysavva, did you save my life? I remember a claw from the alien impacting my helmet and you were there. It happened so quickly.”

Shakes head in order to clear it.

“How long was I out? What's the current situation?”

Takes inventory of his belongings and retrieves any of his equipment that is on the floor (data pad, guns, ect)
Gets up and carefully (and slowly) makes his way to the control console. Getting his datapad out he attempts to hack into the newly found panel. He carefully probes the system to determine the layout and determine what it controls. BFett does not use any commands that his instincts warn him against.
Also accepts any assistance with the hack that Squidhead provides.

((I completely forget about the formatting. It really should be pinned.))
Last edited by BFett on Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Swear

Yell for Hema to race towards Unit and hack the panel that needs hacked because no one else has any chance of doing it

Fly quickly towards Unit

Warn Servius that I am incoming and don't want to hit him.

IF I have a clear shot of the little robots heading towards Unit:
-Yell for Unit to take cover
-Fire ONCE with the electrolaser at the most dense pack of enemies

IF my ship is rendered inoperable:
-Abandon ship if I can get out without being eaten immediately
-Take cover
-Fire no more than THREE times with the electrorifle
-Swear

More to come if Hema gets a plan! :ghost:
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

"I believe I have a decent plan now. Charley, prepare your electrolaser. Unit, get in your ship and fire at the control panel. I want turned into a smoldering heap. Squad 2, if that shuts something off, prepare to leave through whatever opening it happens to make. If it doesn't, I will fire my molten shell at the rocks, and we can escape that way. We're going to get out of here if I have to tear this place apart with my bare hands!"

Dak, If we have a way to evacuate, I want you to leave these bugs a little parting gift with your electrolaser."

"Foreigner, your squad is rather close by. Any chance you could lend a hand over here? We're kinda in a tough spot.."

Try to get away from the enemies.
Once away, begin the calculations for my MicFM.
If at any time I am approached by an enemy,
-try to fly away from them,
-and resume calculations.
If I am able to finish the calculations for my MicFM
-Target the largest group of enemies and fire (failing that, fire at the nearest one)
If at ANY time Unit manages to destroy the control panel
-fly through whatever opening might form, for a good distance.
If Unit is unable to destroy the panel,
-try to carefully fly through the gap and lead some of the enemies away from the rest of the group.
Breaker of fortune cookies

"Huh, Foreigner might be right. It does make a sort of sense. Although why the Quantums would spend the effort to make such a system when they could just go somewhere else is beyond me. There must be something more important on this moon- something the Quantums wanted to make sure wouldn't be destroyed. Perhaps it's something to do with the moon itself."

Stand watch at the cave entrance.
If enemies are spotted:
-inform the group
-take cover
-fire on he most dangerous enemies no more than 3 times with my lasrifle

((Changes possible based on people's actions later))

"You'd think with all the resources at their disposal, Tartarus would give each squad a medical kit. I mean, it's not like we're retrieving valuable alien tech for them that'll more than make up the expenses of keeping us alive or anything. Or maybe they're supposed to and SCAMPS is just diverting the funds for some kind of weird recreational brain drugs. Thanks for the help patching me up."

Take a few moments to recover from impromptu leg burning session
Test out leg after medicine kicks in to see if Kalah is capable of standing/walking/running in her state
If Kalah can't stand by herself
-Find something to use as a crutch, even if it's her weapon

Attempt to adjust her helmet to help her see better despite the tape
Write down everything Kalah can remember about her time in limbo with her trusty space pen for later examination!

((Can't post much else, as she's pretty crippled atm, but Kalah is gonna have some serious soul searching done back at Tartarus. Praise the goddess! :D ))

Online Now