Return to “Polls”

Would you like Josh to post some screenshots in his Dev Logs?

No, I don't want to spoil the pleasure of watching monthly videos!
Total votes: 30 (24%)
Yes!
Total votes: 53 (43%)
Aye!
Total votes: 24 (19%)
I don't care.
Total votes: 17 (14%)
Total votes: 124
Re: Screenshots in Dev Logs

ThymineC wrote:
Katorone wrote:Chin up! Beta and all it's video's and screenshots is around the corner! :D
Is it?
"Around the corner" is quite a flimsy term.

I'd expect half a year, because I'm not very optimistic that Josh manages to get the game done in a few months (3-4). Maybe the wonders of proceduralism suprise me, and it's playable in time. I really hope so. :ghost:
In space, no one will hear you scream. #262626
I've never played a space sim. Ever.
Vos estis tan limes.

Behemoth wrote:
ThymineC wrote:
Katorone wrote:Chin up! Beta and all it's video's and screenshots is around the corner! :D
Is it?
"Around the corner" is quite a flimsy term.

I'd expect half a year, because I'm not very optimistic that Josh manages to get the game done in a few months (3-4). Maybe the wonders of proceduralism suprise me, and it's playable in time. I really hope so. :ghost:
Yes it is flimsy, by design. :D

Once LT can organise actions, it's time to add actions. I truly think this is the point where beta can start. So my guestimate would be May or June.
I don't think there will be much time between the game to be "feature complete" and its official release.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

JoshParnell wrote:Sorry folks, it's been brought up before and it's just not going to happen :( Not that you're not welcome to express your desires in poll form :)
Any chance of a few new and inspiring HD wallpapers to brighten up our monitors? Some images that shout AWESOME whenever we power up our rigs. :)

Pretty please and a half. :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:
JoshParnell wrote:Sorry folks, it's been brought up before and it's just not going to happen :( Not that you're not welcome to express your desires in poll form :)
Any chance of a few new and inspiring HD wallpapers to brighten up our monitors? Some images that shout AWESOME whenever we power up our rigs. :)

There's some in here.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Victor Tombs wrote:

The whole reason this topic got brought up on IRC is because someone (or multiple people who only lurk and never post or make a forum account *COUGH COUGH* ) said they saw Josh taking screenshots during the monthly update, and thought that if he was already taking screenshots, why not put them somewhere so we can have more HD wallpapers? :P It might have been mistaken for Josh tweaking something in the background, or who knows what else. But it is water under the bridge now. :monkey:
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

Charley_Deallus wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:

The whole reason this topic got brought up on IRC is because someone (or multiple people who only lurk and never post or make a forum account *COUGH COUGH* ) said they saw Josh taking screenshots during the monthly update, and thought that if he was already taking screenshots, why not put them somewhere so we can have more HD wallpapers? :P It might have been mistaken for Josh tweaking something in the background, or who knows what else. But it is water under the bridge now. :monkey:
Well, I wasn't thinking of mere screenshots I was thinking of official wallpaper with the necessary logos and the like. It would be a cheap way of spreading the word as well as giving the curious something worthwhile to download in the "Downloads" section which at the moment comprises one miserable patch for the LTP. :P

Edit: AND I know there is a limited amount of material available in the "Media" section but it's ancient material. None of it looks like official material with logos etc.

Victor Tombs wrote:Well, I wasn't thinking of mere screenshots I was thinking of official wallpaper with the necessary logos and the like. It would be a cheap way of spreading the word as well as giving the curious something worthwhile to download in the "Downloads" section which at the moment comprises one miserable patch for the LTP. :P

Edit: AND I know there is a limited amount of material available in the "Media" section but it's ancient material. None of it looks like official material with logos etc.
It is, of course, Josh's decision whether to spend time creating such "official" media.

Wouldn't you agree though, Victor, that at this point Josh's single-minded focus on development is the right way forward?
I know not what life is, nor death.
Year in year out-all but a dream.
Both Heaven and Hell are left behind;
I stand in the moonlit dawn,
Free from clouds of attachment.

Tom wrote:It is, of course, Josh's decision whether to spend time creating such "official" media.

Wouldn't you agree though, Victor, that at this point Josh's single-minded focus on development is the right way forward?
Of course I agree with what you are saying Tom. :) I am well aware of how busy Josh is hence my plea (pretty please and a half).

I will be flabbergasted if Mr Parnell takes any notice. :lol:

Oddy wrote:I think it would be a great idea to take screenshots and put them somewhere on a online host service? Can't be that time consuming can it?
The people who want to see them, can see them, the others can wait for the monthly video.
:thumbup: I am sure Josh has seen our scribblings and only time will tell if he feels the need to deliver such works of art. Don't hold your breath though. :mrgreen:

Katorone wrote:While I'd like it if Josh posts some more screenshots, I don't think they're needed in the dev logs.
I'd just love to be treated to a new desktop background now and then.

But... With the beta coming up in a couple of months, I don't doubt we'll be seeing a lot more screenshots appear. :D
Couple months... :roll:

:D
My Signature

Online Now