Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: Mission 3: Sitatha Canyons

Hema wrote:"Dak, see if you can lose the swarms on you. I know you don't have much room to maneuver, just do what you can. If you get a good shot with your electrolaser, I want you to take it."
"I'm gonna try. These things are persistent."

Attempt to lose the swarms on me by flying(carefully if I can) and maneuvering around any.
Keep away from the walls of death
If I can get a swarm in clear sight:
-FIre one shot with the electrolaser

If swarms try to hit me or more try to land on my ship:
-Attempt to dodge

If Trigger tries blowing up his ship:
-Attempt to get as far away as possible without going towards the walls of death
-Call him a useless P.O.S. and an idiot
-Call his mother a safety switch and his father a defective firing pin(kidding)
Last edited by Charley_Deallus on Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

"Ok, we should do something about this spire now. Nequeba, William, I will fly back to your CASKET's now. We'll then move back to the spire where the Commander and I will fly a distraction while you two get directly to the tower and bash it however you see fit...some further coordination will happen once we get you to your CASKET's"

*Hold up my PDA so my passengers can see it clearly, tapping on it*

[On PDA, sent only to Foreigner, Nequeba and Quackshot: Ok, listen up! Whatever we say over the comms will reach Blake...and whatever is in his head right now will get it too. So either play along with them or say nothing, as long as we keep the spoken things somewhat reasonable. As for the Situation at hand, I will get you two to your CASKET's as said, even if it's risky...from there on we'll try something more complicated...as Nequeba is best suited for handling the Spire itself, we'll need to come up with some kind of distraction to allow her to get to it in the first place. For this we should split up to divert Blake's attention as he can't focus on all of us at once if we do so. Nequeba and William will fly in a wide, clockwise circle around the spire while the Commander and I fly counterclockwise. During this phase I'll set up a mock-hack to distract Blake. William, once you circled far enough, you should seek cover, preferably when Blake's not watching. Keep out of his sight, perhaps we can confuse him a bit. Nequeba should then fly to the Spire, trying to utilize cover as much as possible, once near enough, try to damage it with your pincers or your infantry-equipment...I know, a ship-mounted weapon would be more useful for this task...but we'll have to work with what we have right now. Once you're close enough you could also try a hypersonic-hack on either Blake or the Spire...try to shut down one of them if you want. If hopefully all goes well we can then regroup and hack this thing to pieces.

Ah right, before I forget it...Nequeba, while we fly back to your CASKET's...there's a high risk that those fliers will target us...as soon as the dust starts growing thicker I want you to use your Lightning-amp to create some kind of static field around us. The dust seems to be some kind of battery or coordinator for those things...perhaps we can cripple their coordination like that. William, stay sharp, if your intuition tells you that something is incoming...tell us immediately, I'll try to evade then. Serious Questions on PDA please!]

"Hold on tight, I'll try to get this way behind us fast!"

Fly back to Nequeba's and William's CASKET's as fast as possible
Fly at a max altitude of 30meters above ground
Fly past the mind-control spire with a distance of at least 600m
When in range, use a normal ship hack to try and corrupt Blake's mobility systems to degrade his aim.
Don't hack him if he managed to shake of the mind-control
In that case, don't hack anything.
Once arrived at the CASKET's, land next to them.
When my passengers got off
-Fly to a position at the lower right corner of E8.
Use intuition to try to predict possible attack and evade them in this knowledge
If William tells me of an incoming threat
-Use his intuition to try to evade the threat
If hit on the way
-Drop to 15m and fly onward
-If hit again
--Land and drive onward unless when it would be over the vines. in that case fly on!
Last edited by F4wk35 on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

On the PDA: "I want to point out that Blake is only slightly worse at Psi than Nequeba. I don't know that sending her in would work. I do observe that Blake, despite being a great hacker, just failed two hacking attempts on Foreigner. I think Nequeba could successfully hack Blake and force him to destroy the spire."
On the way to the CASKETs, keep "intuiting" to try to detect threats, and use the Mk 1 Eyeball as well. Basically keep on a hard lookout.
Inform Fawkes of any threats.
If there is a threat and I have a good shot
-Shoot it with the lasgun, max 3 times.

Once Fawkes arrives at the CASKETs, hop off.
Take the tether with me; I kinda like it. :ghost:
Get into my CASKET.
Take off and fly to 600 meters of the spire/tower thingy, avoiding the vines.
Stay behind cover once I arrive.

((Fawkes, I think you should add in to avoid the plants and actions after reaching the CASKETS.))
((Suppose that we'll carry out Fawkes's grand plan on the next turn? :think: This is a lot to do at once. I think we should just all group up 600 meters from the spire for the moment. Too many things can interfere just now.))
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

Cha0zz wrote: Taepilus, I'll need you to assist me with cauterising this wound.
"Alright, I just hope we don't waste too much time doing this, since we're vulnerable when there's only one person on guard. Amenra, guard BFett and watch our backs while we do this."

Assist Chaozz with fixing up the wound, occasionally looking around to see if there's any enemies that are a threat to me
when Chaozz no longer needs assistance
-Cautiously walk over to the pool in the middle of the room, picking up a pebble/small rock along the way
-Toss the rock into the pool and note what happens
-if the pool doesn't appear to be too dangerous to approach and take a sample of
--VERY cautiously get close to the pool, take out a jar and fill it with some pink goo, being careful not to touch it with any part of my body while doing so
-Examine one of the columns around the pool, looking for anything interesting/anomalous(e.g. glyphs)
-Photograph one of the columns with my PDA, as well as taking close-up photos of anything interesting on the column itself
-when at any point I start feeling severe effects from the pool, or something starts emerging from it
--Back off
when I notice an enemy charging at me or a nearby ally
-Slash it with the electron sword(max 3 times)
Last edited by Hapchazzard on Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IronDuke wrote: ((Fawkes, I think you should add in to avoid the plants and actions after reaching the CASKETS.))
((Suppose that we'll carry out Fawkes's grand plan on the next turn? :think: This is a lot to do at once. I think we should just all group up 600 meters from the spire for the moment. Too many things can interfere just now.))
((Duke, I actually expect the next turn to be barely enough to reach the CASKET's...or actually...I hope it's enough to reach them...
Also, the Vines are nowhere near our Drop-Point, so this point can be ignored.
Also yes, Nequeba is only 1 point above Blake in PSI, but we'd need a completely different calibre of hack to get blake to attack the spire...we'd need a movement-control hack and a weapon-control hack to achieve this...and both of those hacks have a difficulty of +2.
Nothing to say of the fact that the hypersonic-hack that greatly increases our chances of success only has 100m range...while the spire apparently sports something along the lines of ~400m.

Speaking of hacking actually. You mentioned the 2 failed hacks of the current turn. Those were 2 tries at a Destroy-hack [Difficulty+3] so it was basically a game of rolls of -2 on Blake's Side vs +1 on Foreigner's side.

Also, Thoughts are appreciated! Keep it up, everyone :D))
- - - - - - - -

Turn towards the spiders on the ground,
inform the others that I'm firing,
and fire my MicFM at the selected spider with the intent of killing it.
Immediately afterwards, begin flying around to loose the swarms that are currently on me.
If at any time I manage to get away from the swarms,
-use my CASKET to see if the swarms might be communicating on another frequency somehow.
If Unit manages to gets the shields down and the swarms are still moving,
-attempt to draw the swarms away to point 'A' on the map.
Last edited by Hema on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Breaker of fortune cookies

IronDuke wrote:
F4wk35 wrote: Also, the Vines are nowhere near our Drop-Point, so this point can be ignored.
((Yeah, but they are in a direct line between us and the drop point.))
((ahh, you mean if i was hit a second time while over the vines? Right, good point. will correct.))
- - - - - - - -

Hook up the CASKET's power source to the control panel.

Try to find the switch that will disable the defenses. Fiddle around with the control panel. Check in with the team after every button push.

Flip the off-switch.

Call Hema, tell him that I've found what looks to be a control panel, and to get into contact with someone capable of hacking into things.

((Any situation that you need to rely on Unit 4965, that doesn't involve construction and medical emergencies, is a situation that you've already lost.)) :ghost:
Last edited by Idunno on Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

F4wk35 wrote: "SCAMPS? You don't have something unimportant flying around in orbit, do you? ...But even if you had something up there...you wouldn't drop it on the spire here, i guess..."
"Everything we have important is worth more than your lives and not worth chucking at some alien detritus just because it might destroy something useful. I'd drop you from orbit, though." There's a pause. "Oh wait, I guess we already did. How sad." He doesn't sound even remotely sad.
IronDuke wrote:"Hey SCAMPS, can a CASKET be remotely controlled from another?"

((Cheeky rainbow \o/))
"Yeah. I do it on rare occasions, usually when a mission is going to fail otherwise, or some such shit. Wait, can you control it? Hmm... depends on how good of a hacker you are."
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Attempt to break free
If I am successful
- if temporary (< 1 turn)
-- Aim CASKET away from spire
-- Hit full throttle
-- Knock myself out
- if 1 turn or more
-- Attempt to reroute power
-- Aim at spire
-- Fire ship weapons at spire
-- Attempt to hack spire (Twice max)
-- if the spire is not destroyed
--- fly away
--- report to squad
-- else
--- report to squad
--- land CASKET

if unsuccessful....(PM)
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Hapchazzard wrote:
Cha0zz wrote: Taepilus, I'll need you to assist me with cauterising this wound.
"Alright, I just hope we don't waste too much time doing this, since we're vulnerable when there's only one person on guard. Amenra, guard BFett and watch our backs while we do this."
I know Taepilus, I don't like wasting time on idiots either. But since my arm is next to useless now, we might as well while we wait on a medkit.
You have my permission to punch the idiot once we're back at tartarus, I'll even hold her for you.
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

scamps wrote: "Yeah. I do it on rare occasions, usually when a mission is going to fail otherwise, or some such shit. Wait, can you control it? Hmm... depends on how good of a hacker you are."
"SCAMPS: Could you take control of Blake's CASKET and fly it as fast as possible away from the spire he's currently near. He seems to be mind controlled by it at the moment and it would be great if he were away from it."

Stay in on Fawkes CASKET until he gets back to my CASKET
Grab on to the tether to stay attached to Fawkes CASKET if at all possible.
While on the way try to understand what the message in the purple thing is (use intuition i guess)
((Is it possible for me to actually work this out?))
Use my PDA to analyze the dust in the atmosphere while I'm in the air

Once we're at my CASKET get out of Fawkes' and into mine
Follow Fawkes to his position away from the spire.

Use intuition to try to predict possible attack and evade them in this knowledge
If William tells me of an incoming threat
-Use his intuition to try to evade the threat
If hit on the way
-Drop to 15m and fly onward

If the dust decreases visibility to less than 100 meters
-Fire my electric amp into the dust away from the CASKET (Fawkes, I see this ending badly by the way)

((Edited to account for flying visibility))
Last edited by vector67 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
A life well lived only happens once.
Seems deep until you think about it.

((Hmm, Vector? Some points:
1: You're currently sitting on my CASKET, not inside [There's not enough space for 2 people anyway]
2: All those actions regarding intuition to dodge incoming attacks are before we reach our Drop-off point [which we might not even reach next turn, even though I hope we do]
3: The thing regarding shooting your lightning-amp into the dust clouds is a improvised defense against the fliers while we're on the way to your CASKET's [And Nequeba's still sitting on my CASKET]. It's not that much use anymore when everyone sits in their own ships again if you have to stop your ship in mid-air to use it.

I'm on IRC right now if you have questions, by the way.))
- - - - - - - -

Online Now