Return to “General”

Censorship is alive and well here in the good ol' LT forum

Over a year ago, I left the LT forum after I noticed moderators increasingly locking down posts that they simply didn't like. Over the past year until my recent return I occasionally checked the forums without logging in and it seemed that things were getting better: moderators were letting people speak their minds whether it was good or bad. However, over the past couple weeks I've noticed the return of the kind of censorship that turned me off the first time. While the moderators will contend that locking a topic is not censorship, I disagree, as locking a topic prevents any possible discussion that could end up somewhere they don't like. Perhaps even more troublesome is the reaction of certain members of the community toward detractors or skeptics of LT. I've seen people ask for people to be banned or censored, which is quite disgraceful in my opinion.

I know the moderators mean well (at least for the most part, Grumblesaur tends to take sides and make things personal all too often) and are trying to keep the peace, but increasingly they are coming off as Josh's defense team, which is not and should not be their role. The fact is that the lack of positivity around this project is hardly surprising and can be traced directly to Josh's handling of the community over the past year and a half. If you want positivity, give people something to be positive about.
Re: Censorship is alive and well here in the good ol' LT for

It's not really censorship when its dozens of people having the same exact conversation dozens of times...

I personally feel all these complain or "speaking my mind" threads should be dumped and merged into a single sticky thread. not "censored" but not cluttering the forum up either.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

We don't necessarily disagree with those threads, we're just tired of seeing people get on a podium to enlighten us with something we've already heard 200 times.
So they get locked, or merged with the big complain thread. (which was in fact open until grumble locked it)

Also, just so you know, it's against forum rules to openly discuss mod actions, do that in pm with the mods.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Masseffect, one of the forum rules states that users should not create new topics about things that already have topics. Doing so is trying to gain extra attention to your post in particular, clutters up the forum, tends to start flamewars, and is discouraged. I do not lock threads lightly. If Xephyr and BFett had posted their posts as replies to any of the other half-dozen topics we have on the "why is josh not updating" subject, their posts would have been left alone. The forum rules also state that if you do not follow the rules, it may result in a warning, locked/deleted topic, or ban.

Most importantly right now, though, you have created a thread breaking rule #6: "No discussion concerning moderator actions like warnings, bans, or locked topics." The reason behind this rule should be abundantly clear if you think about it. Please do not start this type of topic again. If you (or anyone else) feels like they have a need to question moderator actions, you may PM me.

This topic will be locked and subsequently moved to the mod's archives within a few days. The other threads will be merged into one, tomorrow.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now