Return to “General”

Re: The Ships of LT

Noooooo!

One does not ask for graphical answers!
If they aren't implemented already, then Josh will implement it, delaying the game by another 6 months!!

You've doomed us all!
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:One does not simply ask for graphical answers!
FTFY :ghost:
Silverware wrote:If they aren't implemented already, then Josh will implement it, delaying the game by another 6 months!!
You've doomed us all!
Saoirse wrote:Doomed!
:squirrel:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

IronDuke wrote:Are you kidding me, Silver? He hasn't logged into the forums in ages. There's as much danger of him seeing this thread as there is that he'll release the game before I'm old enough to drink. :ghost:

--IronDuke
Ah, but one does not need to log in to the forums to read them... :V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020

IronDuke wrote:Are you kidding me, Silver? He hasn't logged into the forums in ages. There's as much danger of him seeing this thread as there is that he'll release the game before I'm old enough to drink. :ghost:

--IronDuke
/me is secretely hoping the game isn't released for another year at least so he's old enough to travel/drink with LT peeps.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

IronDuke wrote:Drinking age here is 21, so 2.5 years. :V

--IronDuke
Yes, I have to be aware of where I travel because of stupid drinking age differences.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Black--Snow wrote:
IronDuke wrote:Drinking age here is 21, so 2.5 years. :V

--IronDuke
Yes, I have to be aware of where I travel because of stupid drinking age differences.
... so 3 years away. :V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

The algorithm he was using to generate ships was capable of generating curves, it just didn't happen very often and even the curved ships often had rigid parts as well.

I really just hope that the ships actually look like ships. With logical ship parts other than "gun here" "engine here" "texture fake lighted windows all over" kind of thing.

Not to disagree with anyone else's opinion, but speaking for myself, at this point I would accept a v1.0 release of Limit Theory in which ships are gray rectangles.

Basic core functionality is one thing. Ship appearance? Post-release mods.

Again, that's just one person's opinion. YMMV.

BFett wrote:Don't forget that LT also comes with a built in ship designer. But what Flat says is true as well, we don't need awesome graphics and ship designs in the first release. What we need is solid game play features and as few bugs as possible.
I know that better than you'd think. :P I just wanted to have some LT centered conversation that wasn't about how long the game was taking, or pledges, or promises, or whatever. I wanted to talk about actual game features for once.
I'm quite glad to hear about the ship designer. I'll probably abuse the heck out of that thing. :mrgreen:
TGS wrote:The algorithm he was using to generate ships was capable of generating curves, it just didn't happen very often and even the curved ships often had rigid parts as well.

I really just hope that the ships actually look like ships. With logical ship parts other than "gun here" "engine here" "texture fake lighted windows all over" kind of thing.
That's good to hear. :thumbup: And I agree with the hope that they won't look silly. :angel:

--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

Online Now