Return to “Games”

Frontiers (The pretender to Daggerfall/Morrowind)?

Here is a very promising already funded KS project 21 days left that may alert many a Morrowind/Daggerfall fan,even more so this is the inspiration for the game and the guy seems ultra cool and if he can pull off what Josh has done with Limit Theory and by that I mean a perfect campaign Frontiers could do rather well. 8-)

Frontiers
Last edited by darker70 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Frontiers (The pretender to Daggerfall/Morrowind)?

JoshParnell wrote:I backed it with my life.

After he mentioned TES it was over :)

Absolutely love the look of it!!

Thanks guys and especially Josh was hoping this would get your attention as I know you are a Morrowind nut,looks like this could be the new darling of Kickstarter like Stonehearth and as Lars is really running a brilliant campaign can see this getting big bucks,also once again nice to get the personal touch and his thank you PM really puts the iceing on the cake.8-)

I backed this. It's odd to me that the armor system, which seems pretty core, is so late in the stretch goals but since we're already over $60k and there's 3 weeks left I'm pretty sure we'll make it. My only concern is replayability. It seems the world is static so if you start in the same place each playthrough there will be less to explore/discover since the world is the same as your prior plays. For a game that's all about exploration and discovery I'm a bit concerned that after a while I'll become very familiar with the area around the starting point.

HowSerendipitous wrote:
Just_Ice_au wrote:I'm in.

The prospect of a game where Exploration was the driving mechanic got me interested, but what convinced me was this gameplay footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... daipo9_kXc

What is that? I'd sure like to find out. :think: :thumbup:
Yah, that video convinced me too! I like the move speed, seems to be just right. 8-)
Mmmm, also something about the map system, and the looting. I enjoy looting. :lol:
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."

Landge wrote:Are there consequences to looting? It's no fun if it's not a challenge.
From the Comments on that YouTube video:

Quarry, Quarry and Quarry (1 month ago) wrote:
Will mass-looting from non-abandoned settlements have consequences?
AAD Productions (1 month ago) wrote:
In theory yes - characters have emotional states, and they can keep track of when you take their stuff, so (gaming gods willing) it's just a matter of linking them up.
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."

Landge wrote:Are there consequences to looting? It's no fun if it's not a challenge.
Keep in mind, the NPCs are also stationary and there is no combat. So while there probably is in regards to the NPCs' emotional states, unless he makes it to the far stretch goals, I don't think there will be any chicken witnesses. :)
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Online Now