Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: So...

Silverware wrote:
Yes, I quite like Fascist America. :V
The Free American Empire, spreading Freedom and Murder around freely is funny :D

Um, America isn't a democracy, never was. It is and was designed to be a constitutional REPUBLIC, and here is why:

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."

It does have SOME democratic elements though.

Just thought I would toss that out there, you know, for educational purposes. :mrgreen:
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Poet1960 wrote:
Silverware wrote:
Yes, I quite like Fascist America. :V
The Free American Empire, spreading Freedom and Murder around freely is funny :D

Um, America isn't a democracy, never was. It is and was designed to be a constitutional REPUBLIC, and here is why:

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."

It does have SOME democratic elements though.

Just thought I would toss that out there, you know, for educational purposes. :mrgreen:

All well and good, if they didn't pretend they were a Democracy, and didn't attempt to spread democracy through their enemies. But mostly the game just has three ideologies, Democracy, Fascism, Communism.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Talvieno wrote:I'm going to move this over to the Everything & Anything board. :)
God, its not like you are a mod or anything. Why do you constantly attempt to pretend you have that power. :ghost:
</sarcasm> xD
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Me? I will do some eating, some sleeping, I'll probably drink 3 liters of tea, and need go to the bathroom a few times as a result, I'll squeeze in some driving, showering, and maybe if there's time, even masturbation :roll:

However what I'll mainly be doing is sitting in a chair at work, spending most of my waking time working on things other than work, because night shifts are quiet :D My colonies writeup is over 17,000 words and I expect that it will get to at least 20,000 by sunrise on Monday.

Excitement (n.) Synonyms: adventure buzz commotion drama elation
Antonyms: My life :problem:
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Flatfingers wrote:
Black--Snow wrote:Screenshots?
This is just a portion of a screen, and it's not finished yet. But it's about ready now to serve its purpose as a tool for evaluating the actual gameplay. Plus I'm pretty jazzed that I actually got the scrolling line chart working in part of a day. :)
Image Thanks for asking!
Beautiful :D :clap:

Hey Josh, can you do something like this?

Also, Flat, is this your blog?

In keeping with the Forum Topic, I'm heading up to see my nephew and go for a cycle with my sister-in-law.
Hmm.. I was supposed to be there 2 hours ago eeek!
About the explorer game wrote: 19
mar 15
There are many excellent sites for computer games -- reviewing them, analyzing them, discussing them.
But there aren't many sites -- in fact, none at all of which I'm aware -- that focus on games that exploration-oriented gamers can particularly enjoy.
This site is meant to be that site for Explorer gamers.
If the way you like to play is through exploring worlds, perceiving patterns, mapping functional relationships, and generally discovering how game systems work and why they work that way, this site is for you.
We'll assess games from the Explorer's perspective. We'll think about how they do (or don't) really satisfy what Explorers want from games. (Or to put that another way, we'll talk about who Explorers really are.) And we'll talk about how games can be designed to be particularly appealing to Explorers.
Thanks for visiting!
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

FormalMoss wrote:
Flatfingers wrote:Image
Beautiful :D :clap:
Thanks! Right now it's 100% utilitarian for me (including the colors). I haven't done the initial pass for UI polish since all the screens haven't been coded yet. But I did pick the font I'd like to use -- it's pretty nice, isn't it?
FormalMoss wrote:Also, Flat, is this your blog?
One of them. :) I assume you backtracked from the URL of the image file above.

The intention was -- still is, really -- to establish a web site that emphasizes thinking and talking about games from the perspective of an exploration-oriented gamer. The plan was for me to write frequent posts on exploration gameplay, plus Explorer-focused reviews of games, and possibly bring on some guest writers who IMO "get" what excites Explorer gamers (and why).

That plan so far has proven incompatible with me actually creating a game, not to mention keeping my day job. :roll: But I do still plan to do more here when I can.

Hyperion wrote:Me? I will do some eating, some sleeping, I'll probably drink 3 liters of tea, and need go to the bathroom a few times as a result, I'll squeeze in some driving, showering, and maybe if there's time, even masturbation :roll:

However what I'll mainly be doing is sitting in a chair at work, spending most of my waking time working on things other than work, because night shifts are quiet :D My colonies writeup is over 17,000 words and I expect that it will get to at least 20,000 by sunrise on Monday.

Excitement (n.) Synonyms: adventure buzz commotion drama elation
Antonyms: My life :problem:
Mission Accomplished :thumbup:

Well actually through vigorous editing, I brought it back down to 16,000
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Flatfingers wrote: One of them. :) I assume you backtracked from the URL of the image file above.

The intention was -- still is, really -- to establish a web site that emphasizes thinking and talking about games from the perspective of an exploration-oriented gamer. The plan was for me to write frequent posts on exploration gameplay, plus Explorer-focused reviews of games, and possibly bring on some guest writers who IMO "get" what excites Explorer gamers (and why).

That plan so far has proven incompatible with me actually creating a game, not to mention keeping my day job. :roll: But I do still plan to do more here when I can.

y u have multiple blogs? D:

how am i supposed to read them all if you spread your stuff over multiple unconnected pages >.>

Online Now