Return to “Kickstarter Campaign”

Re: Prototype.

Deej wrote:Josh,
If I up my pledge to 75. Do I get the prototype thats in your KS video? Or is it likely a different looking prototype (ie: a future build?)
Hey Deej, it will be a future build. The first prototype will most likely revolve around combat mechanics, so it will probably be similar to what you see in the video, but I doubt that I will include inter-system travel for the first release. The prototype is significantly different from a BETA in the sense that it is intended to test a limited subset of the LT functionality in a rigorous way, so that we can make it as good as possible as a community.

Hope that helps1
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

any chance of us gettign a crack at the pre-alpha prototype? it looked surprisingly fun to shoot those asteroids (or at least you managed to make it look that way XD )
If I've rambled and gone off topic im sorry but i tend to be long winded as you might notice if you stumble across my other post XD. thanks for reading.

Dadalos wrote:any chance of us gettign a crack at the pre-alpha prototype? it looked surprisingly fun to shoot those asteroids (or at least you managed to make it look that way XD )
I'm not sure if this actually a great idea. After all, the prototype is just this: a pre-alpha. While it may look cool, it will have none of the goodies that will make the final game so awesome. I pledged specifically for the Beta, as I'd like to have an early version, but with some polish. Even the Alpha is a bit too raw for me.

Netzbummler wrote:
Dadalos wrote:any chance of us gettign a crack at the pre-alpha prototype? it looked surprisingly fun to shoot those asteroids (or at least you managed to make it look that way XD )
I'm not sure if this actually a great idea. After all, the prototype is just this: a pre-alpha. While it may look cool, it will have none of the goodies that will make the final game so awesome. I pledged specifically for the Beta, as I'd like to have an early version, but with some polish. Even the Alpha is a bit too raw for me.

haha kidding right? just flying strafing runs at the gray blobby thing we find out is moon sized asteroid realy did entertain me. ( i did similar things in bridge commander all the time so might reload that game to satisfy my rock destroying needs.)
If I've rambled and gone off topic im sorry but i tend to be long winded as you might notice if you stumble across my other post XD. thanks for reading.

Online Now