Return to “Games”

Re: Steam Sale Time!

FormalMoss wrote: Bought it, thank you. Think I better be sober to play this one.
YAAAAAS, make a thread about it when you finish it so that we can debate :0
FormalMoss wrote: I love how if you don't do something in Life is Strange, you end up with a completely different story :)
.... T~T
Ship Inspiration Pinterest!! (send me stuff)

"You’ve got to work on something dangerous. You have to work on something that makes you uncertain. Something that makes you doubt yourself... because it stimulates you to do things you haven’t done before. The whole thing is if you know where you’re going, you’ve gone, as the poet says. And that’s death."
- Stephen Sondheim

AlexWasLike wrote:
FormalMoss wrote: Bought it, thank you. Think I better be sober to play this one.
YAAAAAS, make a thread about it when you finish it so that we can debate :0
FormalMoss wrote: I love how if you don't do something in Life is Strange, you end up with a completely different story :)
.... T~T
Murdering all those people is my favorite part. :3
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

This year I bought Titan Quest Gold at a steal. Nordic Games has reopened the gates of patching and the game is receiving a tidal wave of bugfixes, skill rebalancing, difficulty tweaking, and the multiplayer mode is back.
I am surprised that they have not jacked up the price like someone else has been doing...
Spoiler:      SHOW
I vaguely remember someone saying "I don't think devs are the moustache-twirling villains you're describing here." -- hm. *mph-mphh!* ha. haha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahaha *giggling* -- oh, it is nothing personal man, just a good laugh. I should probably thank you for it :D
I also bought Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition. It has been a while since I played a good cRPG. This one should deliver.

And before someone suggests it: No, The Witcher is not for me. God knows I tried. Six times I did. Six times has the game drained all my enthusiasm by the time I reached chapter 5. Enough is enough.
Of course, no TW2 because it builds up from TW1, and naturally no TW3 because by now I could not care the less about Geralt, his wenches, the odd world they live in or CD Projekt RED and their games.

fox wrote: And before someone suggests it: No, The Witcher is not for me. God knows I tried. Six times I did. Six times has the game drained all my enthusiasm by the time I reached chapter 5. Enough is enough.
Of course, no TW2 because it builds up from TW1, and naturally no TW3 because by now I could not care the less about Geralt, his wenches, the odd world they live in or CD Projekt RED and their games.
Your loss :shrug:

fox wrote:This year I bought Titan Quest Gold at a steal. Nordic Games has reopened the gates of patching and the game is receiving a tidal wave of bugfixes, skill rebalancing, difficulty tweaking, and the multiplayer mode is back.
I am surprised that they have not jacked up the price like someone else has been doing...
I vaguely remember someone saying "I don't think devs are the moustache-twirling villains you're describing here." -- hm. *mph-mphh!* ha. haha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahaha *giggling* -- oh, it is nothing personal man, just a good laugh. I should probably thank you for it :D
I also bought Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition. It has been a while since I played a good cRPG. This one should deliver.

And before someone suggests it: No, The Witcher is not for me. God knows I tried. Six times I did. Six times has the game drained all my enthusiasm by the time I reached chapter 5. Enough is enough.
Oh man, Titan Quest is so good. Though it does get rather repetitive and grindy towards the end (a problem shared by pretty much all isometric hack n slash rpgs I've played until now).

Vartul wrote:
fox wrote:This year I bought Titan Quest Gold at a steal. Nordic Games has reopened the gates of patching and the game is receiving a tidal wave of bugfixes, skill rebalancing, difficulty tweaking, and the multiplayer mode is back.

Oh man, Titan Quest is so good. Though it does get rather repetitive and grindy towards the end (a problem shared by pretty much all isometric hack n slash rpgs I've played until now).
+1
I loved Titan Quest in its day.. nowadays, as you so rightly mention, it does get kinda grindy, but that's where you can mod your saves and save you time :)

Hmm.. a Shame Diablo 3 falls into this category also.
Especially Season 6 :sigh:
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
fox wrote: And before someone suggests it: No, The Witcher is not for me. God knows I tried. Six times I did. Six times has the game drained all my enthusiasm by the time I reached chapter 5. Enough is enough.
Your loss :shrug:
Oh Noes, Fox.
I have tried TW1 and TW2 and was not impressed with it's divergence from the usual fps/3ps arpg fare I am used to.
I even went out and bought TW3 on the XBox One, when it was released, but 5 minutes in, the slowness of the horse mounting/dismounting peeved me to no end, and I didn't play it again.
Until May 29th. It came out for the PC. I installed it, and got used to the horse, and explored and loved it. It is such a major departure from the previous incarnations (the GUI interface, the playstyle has to be done with controller) and I'm looking forward to my next visit to Geralt-ville (although I've yet to get my own town).

If I could, I'd send you a copy.
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Vartul wrote:Oh man, Titan Quest is so good. Though it does get rather repetitive and grindy towards the end (a problem shared by pretty much all isometric hack n slash rpgs I've played until now).
Yeah, all H&S games take the grindy path at some point. It is kind of a congenital flaw of the genre, but a necessary evil -- somewhat. Good thing the multiplayer is back in Titan Quest. Grinding is a lot more bearable when with friends.

@ Mistycica:
That was naughty :lol:

@ FormalMoss:
Kind you are, but I will survive without TW3. Do not worry. And I got plenty of games to fill dead times with.
Hm, okay, currently I have more games than time -- not that I complain, being busy is a good thing. I would not want to end up like those who spend all day long surfing forums, posting something, anything, on every argument being touched, as long as it raises their post count and makes them visible, who cares. Makes you wonder if they have a social life at all. Or if that is what they actually call "social"... :crazy:
Anyway, I am making a very special exception for Tital Quest -a game I know well- which I am ready to play at a moment's notice (as soon as the patch is out of beta, in fact).
But any other game I could get my hands on would only gather e-dust in my library now.

JoshParnell wrote:
AlexWasLike wrote:.... Empyrion: Galactic Survival is under $15 right now. I got about 60 hours of play out of it, and Josh got about 110.
Which, by the way, is the maximum number of hours of fun I can get out of any game these days that's not already grandfathered in (Morrowind, Freelancer, and CSS :P ). So it's high praise and I highly recommend Empyrion!! I think it's something a lot of you guys would enjoy ;) If any of you do get it, maybe we can get an LT community game set up one of these weekends :)

Definitely can't wait to check out the offerings when I get home from work. Fingers crossed for some wishlist discounted goodies :D

EDIT: Also, Alexandra made an absurdly huge, amazing, bad@$$ capital ship that looks like a scorpion (it's on steam workshop) :clap:

I was so tempted very nearly backed the original KS,no doubt will be reduced again as this is the 2nd time at 8.99 GBP it been reduced,plumped for The Secret World instead same price it's BTP so not a bad bargain for the base game,also a complete maniac for all those Cuthulu conspiracy theory type games. :)

Yes, there are many great games out there, but sometimes I just want to relax with something after a hard day. So, of late, I have been messing around in Flight Sim (FSX) again. Old prop liners rule by the way! :ghost: Image
Geraldine ;)
Smile People, Space Sims Are Coming Back!
Happy Days Are Here Again :D
Keeping The Faith In Josh Since 2012 :)
Steam Autumn Sale 2016

What's everyone bought / going to get?

I've been too busy to spend a lot of time looking, but I already see a few things I am definitely going to pick up:

Abzu (mostly for my wife who loves both the sea and relaxing games)

Stardew Valley (want to play concurrently with daughter so we can talk about it)

Ori and the Blind Forest

I want to pick up Rimworld, but it's not on sale and $30 is a bit hard to swallow.

Also, Stellaris, but again almost $30. I can wait, still have yet to play Endless Space, which I just installed a few weeks ago.
I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them.

Online Now