Mod Management tool (if not built in)
Total votes: 11 (9%)
Star wars, Mass Effect, Treasure Planet, or BSG partial/total conversion mod
Total votes: 6 (5%)
IRC Client or Multiplayer mod
Total votes: 12 (9%)
Screenshot Journal
Total votes: 4 (3%)
"God Game" mod (you control the world instead of a player and watch the AI react"
Total votes: 11 (9%)
AI expansion mod (might give AI more backstories, personalities, relationships, etc.)
Total votes: 9 (7%)
AI talking/chat mod
Total votes: 5 (4%)
Rocket-like starship mod and/or realistic physics mod
Total votes: 5 (4%)
Ringworld mod
Total votes: 2 (2%)
Production/Fabrication Halls mod (machines linked up to make stuff, maximize/manage recourses, etc.)
New mission types mod
Total votes: 6 (5%)
Random catastrophe mod (bank/stock system crashes, natural disasters, plague, etc.)
Alien artifacts/ships mod (recordings, ship debris, valuable loot, etc.)
Total votes: 8 (6%)
Cargo Hold Tetris
Total votes: 2 (2%)
Procedural Face Generator (or Pareidolic Icons)
Total votes: 7 (5%)
Community ship gallery
Total votes: 8 (6%)
Shield Guns
Total votes: 3 (2%)
Camera/filmmaking mod
Terraforming
"Bloomberg" market mod
Total votes: 3 (2%)
Total votes: 128
Favorite Mod Ideas

So I was browsing through the forums, and found a topic where people mentioned different mod ideas, and now that everyone knows the modding language and what not, I figured someone should make a poll of which mods we'd all like to see most. I'm selecting 20 from the "mod ideas" thread, but if anyone has any that they think should be removed/changed/added, let me know. If I didn't add your idea by default, it's nothing personal, it's just because it's complicated to explain, intricate, or won't work due to limitations (many planet surface mods for example).

Let me know what you all think! :ghost:
Last edited by SacmanXman2 on Tue May 10, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Favorite Mod Ideas

SacmanXman2 wrote:So I was browsing through the forums, and found a topic where people mentioned different mod ideas, and now that everyone knows the modding language and what not, I figured someone should make a poll of which mods we'd all like to see most. I'm selecting 20 from the "mod ideas" thread, but if anyone has any that they think should be removed/changed/added, let me know. If I didn't add your idea by default, it's nothing personal, it's just because it's complicated to explain, intricate, or won't work due to limitations (many planet surface mods for example).

Let me know what you all think! :ghost:
What I think? :eh:

Hmmm... :think:

Why is there no 'Yes' option? :ghost: :twisted:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

SacmanXman2 wrote:
Idunno wrote: What I think? :eh:

Hmmm... :think:

Why is there no 'Yes' option? :ghost: :twisted:
Now you can vote for all of them if you want!
Good enough for me. :ghost: :twisted:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Talvieno wrote:
Detritus wrote:And the ME mod!? :ghost:
Option #2. :P
Er, I meant me. As in literally, me Detritus! :wave:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Flatfingers wrote:Needs a "delete warp rails and make planets rotate and orbit their primary star" mod option. ;)
Hmm, and seeing the star up close is still something than Josh has kept hidden from us. I wonder if the system suns will be detailed like those in Stellaris or if they will simply be big balls of glowing color (red, white, blue).

My top priority is making the world more dynamic and alive, with better AI, more personality, a better economics interface, more detailed missions, more detailed and emergent storylines that connect a large number of missions into a grand narrative, and only then would i consider less important things like stealing IP from other series or multiplayer.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Online Now