Return to “General”

Re: What will you try and achieve when the full game comes o

I will try to eat all the little dots in the maze before the ghosts get me. Oops wrong game! In serious though, I will try to kill all the attacking space ships before they destroy my 4 houses at the bottom the screen.

I put silly answer to this as you got me thinking, there will be so much one can do I hadn't actually thought about a game plan yet, but is a good question. I suspect my initial goal will be to grow to whatever size I need to be to be owning a planet or two, as I was very vocal in wanting that option on the stretch goal votes etc. so I am keen to see how planetary management will play out. Once that is out of the way it will be global domination I guess and death to everything that gets in the way!
LTP Fleet Battles on Youtube

Katorone wrote:
Just_Ice_au wrote:I'm going to explore, and try and map the universe.

Actually, I may try and recruit people into mapping a shared LT seedverse.

It's going to be epic.
You should totally create an army of almost-self-aware self-reproducing machines for this job!
Yep, like I said, I'm going to try and recruit people.

Exact same thing, really. :P
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."

TanC wrote:
Just_Ice_au wrote:I'm going to explore, and try and map the universe.

Actually, I may try and recruit people into mapping a shared LT seedverse.

It's going to be epic.
When it's ready, have a seed-thread set up. I'll probably join and post unusual findings of the shared seed. :)
Yesss!

My first recruit.

My evil plan for universal domination is all but complete!

Muahahahaa! :twisted:
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."

I will own a string of fortress worlds bristling with guns and foundries. They will be indomitable strongholds, guarded by and manufacturing a fleet of titanic proportions, at the centre of which will be my flagship, a positive leviathan which blocks out the sun on its victim planets, able to annihilate anything in its path. Once I have assembled this citadel, I will launch a crusade throughout the universe, bring countless worlds to heel, and the galaxy will burn! Mwahahahahaha!!

As usual, I'll probably wind up doing my jack-of-all-trades thing.

To the extent that each of the following things is detailed enough in LT to be an interesting system to understand, I expect to balance my time between:
  • Combat
  • Exploration
  • Trade
  • Research
  • Diplomacy
I may not ever be the "best" at or have the "most" of anything, but I will know how all the core systems of the game interoperate. ;)

Goals. Oh well.

1.) Get enough money to outfit a "combat capable" ship by mining/courier missions/trading. Hopefully, this will be a short grind, as shooting asteroids gets old rather quick.
2.) Hoist the Jolly Roger and grab me trusty Laser-Cutlass as well as a bottle of Space Rum(TM).
3.) Become a drunken space pirate, pillaging and plundering to my black little heart's content, preferrably preying on only one or two factions - even a vile little scoundrel like me needs a place to sell the booty and lay low once in a while, and I do like to have a decent drydock around to remove the dents in the hull and install bigger guns.
4.) Once having enough money, go for a loooooong trip through space until I find just the right place (I'm looking for an icy system with a dim red sun, preferrably, but it's really all about the location. And hey, with the universe being infinite and all, I'm bound to find a nice system sooner or later).
5.) Establish my very own space station/headquarter. I'd prefer some mobile solution like a large mothership, but a nice asteroid base will do in a pinch.
6.) Gather more ships, along with people to crew them.
7.) Raid the area for what it's worth, then raid some more.
8.) Expand into manufacturing of the bare necessities - ammo, booze and raiding ships.
9.) Establish myself as a pirate kingdom, expanding the area if necessary (I'd still prefer to keep the thing small, a single system preferrably, a handfull if necessary).
10.) Get a jumpdrive and go on raiding expeditions into unknown territory, blowing up things with reckless abandon and stealing everything that isn't nailed down. Then pull out a claw hammer, remove the nails and steal the rest. Repeat until bored or LT2 comes out.
Hardenberg was my name
And Terra was my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination

I will surely fool around in the ship editor more than in the actual game at first. Probably going to "try" to build popular sci-fi ships like Darth Vader's flagship, the Executor: Image (sure it will probably be impossible but a man can dream right?) :D

Seriously tho, I will probably try to make a couple of EVE ships (their design are varied and look great). The Caldari Leviathan will be my big goal.
Look at this bad boy! Image

Quote: "If they take the ship, they'll rape us to death, eat our flesh and sew our skins into their clothing. And if we're very, very lucky, they'll do it in that order"

I'm gonna be a REAVER! Big fleet of mutants raging into your system eating you alive :thumbup:

That or... a miner... god I really love those big asteroids field.
Shoot da rock. PEW.
Shoot da rock. PEW.
Oh.... look another rock... PEW. :squirrel:

Online Now