Return to “General”

Re: Extremely Important Question About LT

Poet1960 wrote:Josh, will every ship, regardless of tech, capability or faction, have a working coffee pot?

Because...you know, staying up to the wee hours of the morning running a vast empire REQUIRES at least some caffeine. Take your time in answering. :twisted:
And if they do, will they implement HTCPCP, as proposed in RFC2324
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Sorry, this is probably too deep of a gameplay question for me. I need people to weigh in here. Resident gameplay think-tanks (you know who you are ;) ), how can we properly balance this to make sure the player doesn't become OP by drinking coffee every five minutes during battle, then docking and sleeping for a week after it's over?

Perhaps more importantly, should we allow the player access to drugs other than caffeine? Cardamine? Death Sticks? Blue Pill, Mindflood, Frentix? I'm starting to smell an expansion pack here... LT: The Shadow Chemist :ghost:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

JoshParnell wrote:Sorry, this is probably too deep of a gameplay question for me. I need people to weigh in here. Resident gameplay think-tanks (you know who you are ;) ), how can we properly balance this to make sure the player doesn't become OP by drinking coffee every five minutes during battle, then docking and sleeping for a week after it's over?

Perhaps more importantly, should we allow the player access to drugs other than caffeine? Cardamine? Death Sticks? Blue Pill, Mindflood, Frentix? I'm starting to smell an expansion pack here... LT: The Shadow Chemist :ghost:

:lol: Well..........in that case, better include some nicotine............smoke if ya got em.
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

JoshParnell wrote:Sorry, this is probably too deep of a gameplay question for me. I need people to weigh in here. Resident gameplay think-tanks (you know who you are ;) ), how can we properly balance this to make sure the player doesn't become OP by drinking coffee every five minutes during battle, then docking and sleeping for a week after it's over?

I would in fact, like drugs in LT. I would very much enjoy continuing my day job in LT... (Damn Lebs) :lol:

But I think the issue is less with caffeine and more with adderall, how would we stop players consuming it and suddenly their character starts micro managing the economy!? It's blatantly OP and just not right! Image
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Limit Theory: Breaking Bad!

TGS wrote:Limit Theory: Breaking Bad!
Boom. Love it. :clap:
Black--Snow wrote:But I think the issue is less with caffeine and more with adderall, how would we stop players consuming it and suddenly their character starts micro managing the economy!? It's blatantly OP and just not right!
Nah this is already balanced - they're so intensely-focused on micro-managing the economy and doing mental math and making trades that they completely fail to notice the large red dots appearing on their radar :ghost:

Now if they're docked.... :think:

Well, anyway, there's only a certain rate at which one can make money 'day-trading' in LT, after all, the money is coming from somewhere. #benefitsofrealeconomy
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Don't forget, caffeine, past a particular concentration is deadly in humans.
It also produces shakes, so adding a shaky effect after say 20% caffeine concentration, and gets worse the higher you get.
While the slower time and more reactions you get will be useful, the shakiness can be a big hindrance, making certain values of caffeine optimal for particular situations.
And if you progress too far, time stops and you die, so there is that limitation. :ghost:

IRC?
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Caffeine addiction would eventually kick in and the player would have to keep upgrading the coffee pot to gain the bonus he got at the start of the game.

Eventually the necessary dose would reach lethal levels, also called the golden pot.

Regular detox in a withdrawal clinic would be necessary to reset the addiction levels.

Now if the player immediately starts using the already upgraded pot this process would only be sped up.
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.

Online Now