Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Official "Hi, I'm New" thread

Hi! I'm Talvieno. I guess you can call me Tal, maybe. I don't really like it when people use that name. Maybe someday someone might call me by my real name, but that would be totally weird. :P I don't really do much... a little writing, I guess. Also I love Dwarf Fortress! That's where I'm from - the Dwarf Fortress forums. Anyway I'll probably just go back to lurking after saying hi - I'm really just here to post in the DF thread in the Games section. Can't remember how I found Limit Theory. Love the dev logs and videos though! Looking forward to meeting everyone! :D PS- when is Josh making another dev video? I can't be bothered to read.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

...I call you Tal all the time. :oops:

Hi, I'm Dino. I found LT after finding out space games are a thing and awesome when I saw a video about Elite: Dangerous. That one looks like it's really gonna be cool, right?
I saw LT the first time when RPS posted one of the dev video's - the one about the scanner 1.0, I believe. I watched a bunch of them, and started reading the devlog daily after a while.
In fact, I only made an account here so I can get email notifications of those. I don't actually plan on ever posting here, I'm not exactly a people person.

:ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Are you related to Nathan by any chance, Tal?

I'm not really interested in Dwarf Fortress it sound like an awful waste of time to me. Now you might be interested in a game called REKT. This Nathan chap created it. I'm told it's a very popular game so you may have to wait a while before being accepted.

I have to inform you the members of these forums take a pretty dim view of anyone who can't remember how they found LT. it's considered to be a defining moment in life.

Nevertheless, I would like to welcome you to the forums. :wave: :angel:

Talvieno wrote:Hi! I'm Talvieno. Can't remember how I found Limit Theory.
That's funny, I remember almost perfectly how I found Limit Theory. :ghost: [/NotContibutingAtAll]
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

It's so sad that you don't plan on posting, Dino. I'm sure you would find the members here to be understanding of your quirky nature. We don't have many people persons as members here anyway. That's why we see the same members posting over and over again. I'm glad to see you decided to join us as we are inundated by guests and those who rarely say anything. It will be exciting to rub shoulders with someone who can find a smile occasionally.

Do you play the ukulele by any chance?

Welcome to the LT forums. :wave: :angel:

:shifty: Just try to forget the unfortunate incident you had with Elite Dangerous. :mrgreen:

[YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE] wrote: Hi, I didn't post here when I first made my account, so hi anyway, I'm [YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE]! :wave:
Last edited by Detritus on Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Detritus wrote:
Pretty much everyone wrote: Hi, I didn't post here when I first made my account, so hi anyway, I'm [YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE]! :wave:
But Pretty Much Everyone and [YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE] are two different people. :eh: :think: :?
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Online Now