Return to “Polls”

What has you most excited to play Limit Theory?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:41 pm You may select up to 3 options

The AI, or the way the universe feels alive
Total votes: 28 (19%)
The modding potential/LTSL
Total votes: 13 (9%)
The beautiful, atmospheric graphics
Total votes: 13 (9%)
The exploration potential
Total votes: 7 (5%)
The procedural history/the way the universe evolves
Total votes: 16 (11%)
The sandbox gameplay
Total votes: 10 (7%)
Fleets
Total votes: 4 (3%)
Building and research
Total votes: 10 (7%)
Colonies and planets (and potentially civilian ships)
The factions, and everything else that goes with them
The market/trade mechanics
Total votes: 5 (3%)
The information mechanics
Total votes: 1 (1%)
The combat gameplay
Total votes: 2 (1%)
The mission system
The UI
The fact that it's a space game
Total votes: 5 (3%)
Pirates, pirating, and illegal activity
Total votes: 2 (1%)
I'm here for the community
Total votes: 9 (6%)
I'm not excited to play Limit Theory
Total votes: 3 (2%)
Total votes: 144
Re: Are you excited to play LT?

Pretty much the only things i'm not really excited for is combat and fleets... but I've never cared for fighting games anyways. I'm either a one-man genocide or no violence whatsoever kinda guy.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

I am interested in how the AI acts in response to being attacked. Mostly, how it will attack my income, or assets in response to my aggression to it. I would actually like to be surprised and somewhat angered that an AI I attacked found a weakness in my organization and decided to act on it.

Of course, if this were to happen I'd likely be very interested in fleet gameplay, as I'd likely send a few ships to retaliate if possible. If it isn't possible, then I'd be impressed, and would work on correcting the issue from occurring again.

So, I guess this does tie into information mechanics / warfare as well as fleet building / trade and how the market works.

I have "The modding potential/LTSL" because that appeals to me a lot (programming \o/ ) and "The beautiful, atmospheric graphics" because that's what lured me to LT in the first place. And "I'm here for the community" because that's why I'm still here. I'm not a very forum-y person, normally. :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

FormalMoss wrote:
Flatfingers wrote:I'm lumping "exploration" in with "sandbox."
Heya Flat, you can choose 3 :)
Sure, but then I wouldn't have been able to pick one of "AI - living universe" or "LTSL".

Not an option. :)

I'll stick with "sandbox" implying lots of opportunity for exploring the many systems (physical and abstract) of the game world.

I need more like 8 options. I'm excited for a lot of reasons, but most especially the AI (I include factions in that though, because they make the game world 'live') and the building/research as well as the sandbox, which I don't think is something to be excited about but rather a necessity.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

FormalMoss wrote:Actually as part of the LTFC I think I've come up with some very cool lore as a possible mod.

I was trying to do a picture, but I'm having some difficulty trying to get Unity/ UE4/ sketchup to work with my vision!
(I probably sound like a drama queen, but if I can't have it my way.. I'm gonna cry!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCPqaG8sVDE
No crying allowed, FormalMoss, unless tears are part of the creative process. ;) :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:
FormalMoss wrote:Actually as part of the LTFC I think I've come up with some very cool lore as a possible mod.

I was trying to do a picture, but I'm having some difficulty trying to get Unity/ UE4/ sketchup to work with my vision!
(I probably sound like a drama queen, but if I can't have it my way.. I'm gonna cry!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCPqaG8sVDE
No crying allowed, FormalMoss, unless tears are part of the creative process. ;) :angel:
LOL
:D

Tears of Joy, Sir Victor..
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Online Now