Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: Little Questions Thread

Dinosawer wrote:The warp field page states
"Target must be accelerating in roughly the same direction for it to take effect"

Does that mean it doesn't work if the object is simply moving in that direction? That would quite reduce usability of that thing :think:

Also, that thing would be devastating in an atmosphere :ghost:
Nope, that's a mistype. Just needs to be moving in that direction at an appreciable speed. "accelerating" is there because acceleration greatly attributes to the aforementioned devastation.
Dinosawer wrote:Also, is it just me or is the hypnosis coil insanely expensive for what it does? :think:
I think the ability to make enemies see whatever you want them to see is pretty devastating in and of itself. (There's that word again)
Dinosawer wrote:Also: enhanced systems.
It apparently now is a +1 and states "Unlike the enhanced mounting systems, this upgrade factors in before calculations, letting you add the gains to your stats."
What is that supposed to mean? :eh:
It means that unlike enhanced mounting systems (which just let you add weapons with higher energy requirements), enhanced systems actually add to your stats/skills. Can't remember how much it costs... should probably cost about 7 or 8.
Dinosawer wrote:(relatedly, Tal, I would appreciate it if you edited both the collective page and the individual when you change stuff :P )
I try, but sometimes I forget.
Dinosawer wrote:...maaaybe it would be a good idea to actually mention that somewhere on the enhanced mounting systems page, cause I really thought it did count in roll (why wouldn't it? stats are a sign of your ships status anyway) :ghost:
Dunno if I've fixed it; will apply changes later if I haven't.
Dinosawer wrote:Nevermind, I clarified it on the wiki. ;)
Nevermind then. :)
Dinosawer wrote:(Would still like to know the answer on that other stuff when you got a minute :ghost: )
Already taken care of.
gchapyzh wrote:Are we allowed to post portraits of our characters on the REKT wiki page?
Yes.
You already know that though.
Dinosawer wrote:Aside from the questions i asked above a while back (*cough 2 months ago cough* :ghost: )
DAGNABBIT DINO I SAID I TOOK CARE OF IT *grumble grumble*
Dinosawer wrote:I have some about the nanobot pack:
How wild can you go with it? Can you make self-moving stuff? A Nanobot crab to pinch your foes in the toes? Scout quadcopter? Or is it confined to static stuffs?
Also, if you use it to make something that would normally be considered an unconventional weapon (say, a spike for stabbing people) does it still roll PSI+general knowledge for attacking with it?
Nanobot pack: Probably: Yes. It would be a lot more difficult though, as you might expect, to make more complex things.

Attacking: There might be special cases. It would probably be safe just to stick with what you're good at.
gchapyzh wrote:To what degree can mobile workstations be used?

For exemple, can a workstation and a weapons kit turn a 15mm assault rifle into a 30mm rapid fire cannon with an ammo belt?
It depends on your skill, and only if you have scrap parts for it.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Dinosawer wrote:I have some about the nanobot pack:
How wild can you go with it? Can you make self-moving stuff? A Nanobot crab to pinch your foes in the toes? Scout quadcopter? Or is it confined to static stuffs?
Also, if you use it to make something that would normally be considered an unconventional weapon (say, a spike for stabbing people) does it still roll PSI+general knowledge for attacking with it?
Nanobot pack: Probably: Yes. It would be a lot more difficult though, as you might expect, to make more complex things.

Attacking: There might be special cases. It would probably be safe just to stick with what you're good at.
Errrr... what you're good at as an exotic char, that you can make with a lump of metal, that's also not self-moving...
What would that be? :P

Also, Saoirse now has a warp psyamp :twisted:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

...Unless I can throw blobs of it at enemies and order the nanobots to eat into them, grey goo-wise? :think:

PS: clarified the Warp Psyamp page on the wiki, and added the restriction on not-microscopic stuff to prevent the particle beam of doom scenario
(Tal shakes fist at annoying physicists :ghost: )

- Can you try to scare an enemy into not firing/pissing their pants, and if yes, what does it roll? Charisma?
(Say you have an electro psyamp and enter their FOV laughing diabolically while lightning is sparking of you in a melodramatic fashion... :ghost: )

- Is loot money (say, for stolen infantry weaponry, or stolen corvettes :ghost: ) added to our fee afterward or is it simply counted in the 5-10 creds calculation?

Dinosawer wrote:- Can you try to scare an enemy into not firing/pissing their pants, and if yes, what does it roll? Charisma?
(Say you have an electro psyamp and enter their FOV laughing diabolically while lightning is sparking of you in a melodramatic fashion... :ghost: )

- Is loot money (say, for stolen infantry weaponry, or stolen corvettes :ghost: ) added to our fee afterward or is it simply counted in the 5-10 creds calculation?
There was that one guy that surrendered when I shot him. lol
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

And another 3
-Do second chars also get half of the rank points your previous char earned?
-Can we explain the second character boost thingy by saying they've been on missions before in another platoon and have been placed over? (that seems to make the most sense)
-Shouldn't we put that second character thingy on the wiki somewhere?

Talvieno wrote:
Dinosawer wrote:...maaaybe it would be a good idea to actually mention that somewhere on the enhanced mounting systems page, cause I really thought it did count in roll (why wouldn't it? stats are a sign of your ships status anyway) :ghost:
Dunno if I've fixed it; will apply changes later if I haven't.
I guess you rolled a two on that memory check. :ghost:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Dinosawer wrote: Errrr... what you're good at as an exotic char, that you can make with a lump of metal, that's also not self-moving...
What would that be? :P

Also, Saoirse now has a warp psyamp :twisted:
CONVENTIONAL: Front line, always good (snipers, gunners, your standard soldier)
UNCONVENTIONAL: Front line, sometimes excellent, sometimes sucky (tanks, melee)
SUPPORT: Back line, always good (hackers and medics)
EXOTIC: Back line, sometimes excellent, sometimes sucky (basically mages)

Exotic has limited uses, but excels where it's needed. Kind of like unconventional.
Cha0zz wrote:I was wondering if a ship cloaked with the "Ship Cloak" would be detectable with the "Enhanced Spectrum cam"

and suggestion:
CLOAK: Compound Location Obfuscation Apparatus model K
Nope and nope. Yucky acronym. :V Besides, the word "cloak" is so common it doesn't even need an acronym.
F4wk35 wrote:Is it possible to use an action in the current turn to take proper aim at an enemy without shooting? Could one improve the chances to hit with something like that?
On occasion, yes. But it would take more than an action. I would set up for it early in the turn and wait for an enemy to come into range - i.e. set up behind a low barrier, wait for enemy to come around the corner while steadying rifle; fire. Or sit up on a hill, steady rifle while aiming at target, wait for it to hold still, fire. Saying "Aim carefully and fire" would do nothing different than normal whatsoever. It's a situational thing.
Dinosawer wrote:- Can you try to scare an enemy into not firing/pissing their pants, and if yes, what does it roll? Charisma?

Your first thing would mostly be a roleplay bonus.

The loot money is included in the 5-10 creds. No extra stuff. Considered it waaaaaaaaaaay back at the beginning of mission 1 but changed my mind, and for a good reason: Silver wanting to bring home a megaturret. I okayed it at first as a joke because I thought it was pretty obvious you had no way to move it. Didn't expect you guys to keep trying.
Dinosawer wrote:There was indeed.

Another one
- Can you use a telepathic amp unit offensively (implant thoughts in enemies to make them shoot each other or stuff)?
Nope.

Dinosawer wrote:Do second chars also get half of the rank points your previous char earned?
Yes.
Dinosawer wrote:Can we explain the second character boost thingy by saying they've been on missions before in another platoon and have been placed over?
That's how it's explained, yeah.
Dinosawer wrote:Shouldn't we put that second character thingy on the wiki somewhere?
Yes, go right ahead.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

If you die and your body gets brought back, do you still get your money and (part of) stat/skill points (the wiki seems to imply you do, but I wanted to be sure)?

If the answer to this is yes, can I then add half of that to my second char even if I already "activated" (only on the Tartarus) it?

Semi-relatedly, what's the point of deduction 1 skill/stat point per 10 % of the mission you miss if you can only use them in fives - losing 1 just means you lose 5 in one go cause it's not like you can use those 4 other ones :think:

Is "hacking" (skill) directly translated to computer software skill? If I were to get Blake to do something software related but not necessarily hacking, does that roll hacking?
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Online Now