Return to “Games”

StarCraft II

No topic on this yet? Let's fix that!
Yesterday Blizzard finally officially announced the next StarCraft II expansion Legacy of the Void. Apparently it will be an expandalone too.
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/legacy-of-the-void/
And some info on the campaign, which is what I'm mainly interested in:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/16668520/
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Re: StarCraft II

I never really got into Starcraft tbh, though I was tempted a few years ago. At some point I really should get back and try the campaign for the original again and try to get onto SC2.

It's definitely a game I wouldn't be playing multiplayer though :P I don't have the patience or time to try to get good at it.

The SP campaign is nothing like the old school SC1 missions.
It plays more like a multiplayer game, always chasing you from one point to the next.
I suppose that was done because "only multiplayer people would ever possibly play Starcraft". *shrug*

To anyone not interested in 100% multiplayer, SC2 is a waste of money.
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.

Gazz wrote:The SP campaign is nothing like the old school SC1 missions.
It plays more like a multiplayer game, always chasing you from one point to the next.
I suppose that was done because "only multiplayer people would ever possibly play Starcraft". *shrug*

I strongly disagree. I don't play multiplayer and think the campaigns are great fun.
I don't really get what you're saying, cause the campaign is completely different from mp. :eh:

You don't say much nowadays, Gazz, but when you do I usually find myself agreeing with you. :angel:

Edit: I guess multiplayer is never going to be my idea of a good time whilst gaming.

Victor Tombs wrote: Edit: I guess multiplayer is never going to be my idea of a good time whilst gaming.
The same goes for me, at least not in that aspect.
I'm happy to play multiplayer games where I visit a world together and have the option of working together when we want to. When I did play an MMO it was strictly PVE. If EVE had given me this option, I'd probably still be playing it.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Katorone wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote: Edit: I guess multiplayer is never going to be my idea of a good time whilst gaming.
The same goes for me, at least not in that aspect.
I'm happy to play multiplayer games where I visit a world together and have the option of working together when we want to. When I did play an MMO it was strictly PVE. If EVE had given me this option, I'd probably still be playing it.
This applies 100% to me as well :D
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

Victor Tombs wrote:

You don't say much nowadays, Gazz, but when you do I usually find myself agreeing with you. :angel:

Edit: I guess multiplayer is never going to be my idea of a good time whilst gaming.
This is quite interesting to me. I recall when the first Command and Conquer and Red Alert made their appearance. The missions seemed very thought out with the different things they did despite the limitations of what an RTS engine was capable of. In fact, even C&C Generals was incredibly well done when it came to their story missions. It's sad to hear that SC2 did not follow the same formula. :(
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:This is quite interesting to me. I recall when the first Command and Conquer and Red Alert made their appearance. The missions seemed very thought out with the different things they did despite the limitations of what an RTS engine was capable of. In fact, even C&C Generals was incredibly well done when it came to their story missions. It's sad to hear that SC2 did not follow the same formula. :(

I too thoroughly enjoyed the original Westwood Command and Conquer games, DW, and I also enjoyed the singleplayer versions of Blizzard's Warcraft and Starcraft. I never forgave Blizzard for what they did with Warcraft although I do understand their reasons for doing it.

Most of the boys and girls demand their multiplayer kicks nowadays. :( I am probably a dinosaur. :oops:

RESURRECTION

New trailer!
For 3 prologue missions that will bridge the gap between HoTS and LoTV and will apparently be free. I can already clearly see the seeds for PvP and PvZ, which clearly is gonna build further on
Spoiler:      SHOW
that Zergling queen who got stranded on that protoss mothership woth as last command from Kerrigan to destroy the Protoss on it
*is excited* :mrgreen:

You know, after playing through the Starcraft I campaign, Brood Wars included, I can't help but wonder, what happened to the player? Not the Player, as in you, I mean the player, as in the Magistrate, the Captain, the Cerebrate, the Executor. What happened to those guys? :think:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

When SCII was initially announced, I was very excited about the map editor. I remember using the Warcraft 3 editor for all sorts of great goodness & fun... I got the first SCII game, played it, it was enjoyable but I was more excited for the editor. But they made it so complicated and overly convoluted, it wasn't as enjoyable nor fun to use as I had hoped. SO unless there's been great strides to make the editor easier to use, I'll pass...

Online Now