Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: LT forum ART and Hobby Center

It's hard to say how large the whole bot will be as I am just starting to design the base that will connect the legs and hold the processors. However the update pictures show an almost finished leg, it still needs a few tweaks but they are mostly just quality of life changes to make the bot easier to maintain. Getting it up and running is my first priority, then come the changes to make it easier. The leg by itself is about 6 inches long when outstretched, however when not in use I plan to have it curl up to conserve space. Segment B is the newest change, it's on the far left. Enjoy the pictures and feel free to let me know if you see a way improve the design! :D
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
The last image has all the past iterations in it.
The only limit is the one you set.

Skyfligher wrote:Enjoy the pictures and feel free to let me know if you see a way improve the design! :D
It's too small. Just way, way too small. Unless you're a giant, there's no way a person could fit inside that mech. :|

((No, actually, it looks cool so far, although I'm still not entirely sure what I'm looking at.))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Thanks for the extra pictures, Sky. :thumbup: The ruler always helps. ;) :)

I have a better understanding of the legs now but you've fired my curiosity about the main body of your construct. Are the components you have or will have to purchase expensive? What power source are you going to use? Will it have any device fitted to enable it to find its way around? Will it have any practical applications like carrying things? What colour are you going to spray your manufactured parts...I'll stop now. :shifty:

I have almost all the components that I am going to use, for the brains I will be using a tinyduino which I already have. It will connect to another tinyduino via some relatively cheap wifi transmitters I currently own that I am going to use as a universal controller with two joysticks and some buttons. The motors will be connected with a 24 channel servo controller that interfaces with the tinyduino, I don't have the controller yet. For testing purposes it will be connected to a wall wort but I plan to use a decent sized lipo rechargeable battery.

Well it's been a few days and have been busy with school and work, however I have taken a minute to snap a few pictures! Firstly I have moved my project from my computer desk to my workbench giving me a bit more permanent room to work with, also as you can see I have made the first prototype of the main body. Side note the main body did not want to let go of the glass print surface I use on my printer, I am now down a glass print surface... Lucky for me I did some digging around in my old printer tools and found two more glass surfaces because I tend to hoard things that could break (they are just glass panes for doors).:D This is only half of the body, there will be a piece that snaps over it to better hold the servos in place. There is also a new connector on the leg that links it to the body, and interesting enough when the leg folds up it keeps the main body level while two points on each leg are touching the ground. I have no idea if this is just luck or good design, inclined to think luck, but it works out perfectly. Each leg will also have ample room to move around from what I can see so far. Also I now have all the brains for Hexy, the Pololu 24 servo driver board just arrived and next to it is the Tinyduino. I went ahead and and gave a bit more reference this time by putting my finger and hand next to Hexy. Here are some pics!
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image Image Image Image Image

Online Now