Return to “Games”

Post

Re: Void Destroyer is here! (Space Sim Kickstarter)

#212
I meant on Steam.

If the KS fails - the biggest set backs will be:
I don't regret the Chinese food nor the Jimmy Johns sub.

But seriously - it will mean that I'll have to budget better and work harder, and I'll have a awesome bunch of people already waiting to get the game.
Check out my space sim - Void Destroyer http://store.steampowered.com/app/259660/
Post

Re: Void Destroyer is here! (Space Sim Kickstarter)

#214
chaosavy wrote:I meant on Steam.

If the KS fails - the biggest set backs will be:
I don't regret the Chinese food nor the Jimmy Johns sub.

But seriously - it will mean that I'll have to budget better and work harder, and I'll have a awesome bunch of people already waiting to get the game.
If you fail on kickstarter, instead open it up to preorders with immediate alpha access.
:V
I would get in on that.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
Toba - A Development Dump
Post

Re: Void Destroyer is here! (Space Sim Kickstarter)

#216
I was making a bit of a joke - and still I don't see where I said that I'm unconcerned.

This line: it will mean that I'll have to budget better and work harder - budgeting is everything when you rely on contract artists (its deciding what to cut - without KS) and working harder - in comparison to how hard I work means 2 hours of sleep less - but instead work.

The biggest regret is actually that I'm fairly stressed I should be able to handle it better now - anyway its a great opportunity to practice self stress management.

This KS is not the beginning nor the end of this project - this project is actually more reliant on the first KS - since it let me get a foot hold and work full time.
Check out my space sim - Void Destroyer http://store.steampowered.com/app/259660/
Post

Re: Void Destroyer is here! (Space Sim Kickstarter)

#217
chaosavy wrote:I was making a bit of a joke - and still I don't see where I said that I'm unconcerned.

This line: it will mean that I'll have to budget better and work harder - budgeting is everything when you rely on contract artists (its deciding what to cut - without KS) and working harder - in comparison to how hard I work means 2 hours of sleep less - but instead work.

The biggest regret is actually that I'm fairly stressed I should be able to handle it better now - anyway its a great opportunity to practice self stress management.

This KS is not the beginning nor the end of this project - this project is actually more reliant on the first KS - since it let me get a foot hold and work full time.
Still, if the KS fails, please put in place some form of early access purchases.
It'll allow us to help you keep going at a more relaxed pace, and acquire more assets (which is good)
The game is looking seriously promising, especially if you end up taking some of the ideas from here (we have too many of them) And I would like to see you succeed with this game.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
Toba - A Development Dump
Post

Re: Void Destroyer is here! (Space Sim Kickstarter)

#218
Thanks.


The rough idea - in case of sadness - would be to hand out tester keys to those on the KS backer list - who ask (post an announcement - when close-ish to early access, versus the "right away" plan post successful KS). And if a crash bug is found give out a retail key (just like I did in early access and still do in release for the original).


I'd rather not meddle with money/paypal/etc - it can be a bit stressful. There's a nice structure with KS and with Steam. In KS terms - you get a chunk of funding in return for the promises you make. In Steam terms - they take a cut in return for handling the money. But with paypal its sort of a limbo.
Check out my space sim - Void Destroyer http://store.steampowered.com/app/259660/
Post

Re: Void Destroyer is here! (Space Sim Kickstarter)

#219
chaosavy wrote:Thanks.


The rough idea - in case of sadness - would be to hand out tester keys to those on the KS backer list - who ask (post an announcement - when close-ish to early access, versus the "right away" plan post successful KS). And if a crash bug is found give out a retail key (just like I did in early access and still do in release for the original).


I'd rather not meddle with money/paypal/etc - it can be a bit stressful. There's a nice structure with KS and with Steam. In KS terms - you get a chunk of funding in return for the promises you make. In Steam terms - they take a cut in return for handling the money. But with paypal its sort of a limbo.
Yeah, I would go with Steam where you can, it just works.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
Toba - A Development Dump
Post

Re: Void Destroyer is here! (Space Sim Kickstarter)

#220
chaosavy wrote:I was making a bit of a joke - and still I don't see where I said that I'm unconcerned.
Your requests for support just seem to lack credibility by the words you choose in unguarded moments, Paul. It doesn't mean I've lost any confidence in your ability to deliver. I believe my pledge is still in place to aid you in attaining your goal, yes? Maybe your approach lacks the hunger of your original KS. I know you want the funds to be able to deliver the level of immersion you envisage for VD 2 but with KS nowadays it's necessary to fight for those pledges. :angel:

As I've said before I share the same position as Silverware if the KS finishes short of the goal. I truly am enjoying the experience your demo delivers, Paul. I would very much like to play the game you outlined in your first KS and hopefully will deliver after this KS. :angel:
Post

Re: Void Destroyer is here! (Space Sim Kickstarter)

#222
From this latest video I have some questions...

1) Can we get a gamemode that puts us in a fleet and we work our way up the ranks? till we command the entire fleet in combat?
I think it'd be a nice way to get used to the combat, and fly large ships without having to go through a ton of work for them.

2) Are big ships inherently weak against fighter sized craft?
The only reason this should happen is gameplay, to make sure players keep fighters around to deal with other fighters.

3) How deadly are those beams?
I remember Freespace fights being a pain when multiple capital ships would have beams of instagib every which way.

4) How final are the explosion and beam graphics?
They are currently a little too bright for my liking, tuning them down so they are darker (and less realistic) but have more obvious colors would be nice.

But it's looking good, here's hoping you succeed with the KS. If not I'll be buying an alpha copy ASAP.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
Toba - A Development Dump
Post

Re: Void Destroyer is here! (Space Sim Kickstarter)

#224
IronDuke wrote:
Silverware wrote:3) How deadly are those beams?
I remember Freespace fights being a pain when multiple capital ships would have beams of instagib every which way.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I absolutely loved that.

--IronDuke
It was pretty neat, but makes fighters pointless if they can aim those beams at all. :V
Which is where the below comes into it.
Silverware wrote: 2) Are big ships inherently weak against fighter sized craft?
The only reason this should happen is gameplay, to make sure players keep fighters around to deal with other fighters.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
Toba - A Development Dump
Post

Re: Void Destroyer is here! (Space Sim Kickstarter)

#225
Silverware wrote:It was pretty neat, but makes fighters pointless if they can aim those beams at all. :V
Which is where the below comes into it.

Silverware wrote:
2) Are big ships inherently weak against fighter sized craft?
The only reason this should happen is gameplay, to make sure players keep fighters around to deal with other fighters.
:wtf: I completely missed that #2 bit. :?

I don't know how most games do it, but I think you could have the beams be
1. Very slow to turn, making it downright impossible to hit anything small with them.
2. Make them have a charge-up time, and from the time they start charging to the time they stop firing entirely, they cannot turn AT ALL.
3. Make the fighters have some sort of semi-immunity to beams, i.e. they take much less damage from them compared to a big ship,
4. A combination of 1 and 2 (what my space game will have)

1 and 2 actually would make it quite hard for big ships to hit even other big ships, thereby justifying speed and turn rates above what games usually have, thereby making them a much more viable option for players to fly. I always thought it'd be awesome to fly a Freespace 2 capital ship, but only if it could move fast.

I don't have youtube access here, so I never saw the video, but I'd still be very interested in how things will be in VD2.

--IronDuke
Moving toward the future at 60 minutes per hour.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: Cha0zz, Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron