Return to “General”

Josh should rethink access

I really want to play this game. I mean, I REALLY want to. I HATE that I just recently came across it's existence, only to find out that i'm out I'm essentially banned because I wasn't where I needed to be years ago when there was a chance to financially contribute.
I get why he doesn't want to open another round of crowd-sourcing. Potentially opening the door to a whole new group of people demanding to know about updates, delays, the hassle of email after email of "when?? when?? when??" adding pressure, and taking the joy of "creating" out of the whole process, turning it into a job. I get it, I really do.
But there is a whole group of people that just want to be a part of what exists so far. People willing to pay to get their hands on it, enjoy what there is to enjoy however unfinished it may be, sign up for this forum, contribute, and only THEN truly be a part of this community.
I'm left currently just being one of those "when?? when?? when??" people, potentially adding to the stress or "finishing" it, and potentially delaying its arrival.
Anyway, I ask that you please rethink not allowing anyone new to be a full member of this community by denying them access to whats available up until this point. I don't need a crowd-funding page. I'd be fine sending over $20 to Paypal, and another $20 when beta rolls out, or whatever.... All with the understanding that this money is buying me what there is up to date, and has no promise or guarantee of future product releases.
I'm sure now there will be a flood of forum member elitist's all saying blah blah blah, or linking to past posts addressing this, or jr admins letting me know what they think is full in the mind of the person that's running the show.... I'd just like my words to reach the creator at some point, and maybe make have him give it a second thought.
Re: Josh should rethink access

Hey, I didnt get to pay for it either.

But it'll be ready when it's ready.
And likely the Beta period will be quite short.

Josh isn't one to go back on his word, and he definitely wants to give those people who started this a chance to play it first.

The Beta is likely to be almost identical to the final release.

From what I have read, we are in the home stretch. Personally I think it's only a matter of Months till Josh hits Beta. :)
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);
Re: Josh should rethink access

ExpressZero wrote:But there is a whole group of people that just want to be a part of what exists so far. People willing to pay to get their hands on it, enjoy what there is to enjoy however unfinished it may be, sign up for this forum, contribute, and only THEN truly be a part of this community.
I didn't show up in time to back. I'd definitely consider myself a part of this community, though. You can contribute any time you want, and we're quite happy to have you! Newcomers are always welcome. Welcome to the forums, by the way. :wave: Glad to have you here. (And no, I'm not just saying that - we love passionate folks. :) )
ExpressZero wrote:I'm sure now there will be a flood of forum member elitist's all saying blah blah blah, or linking to past posts addressing this, or jr admins letting me know what they think is full in the mind of the person that's running the show.... I'd just like my words to reach the creator at some point, and maybe make have him give it a second thought.
You're quite right about the "jr admin" bit. :wave: This question has been asked many, many times, let me assure you - and Josh eventually delegated responsibility of these threads to us mods (although he likely appreciates the thought). That said, I am locking the topic as per forum policy. Feel free to read the FAQ, and I hope you stick around!
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now