Return to “Games”

Re: BattleTech

Yay, Stage 3 :clap: now they only have to complete everything of that and I´m happy :lol: Even though, that I too haven´t played any of the board-games and for PC just MW4 Mercenaries (Which i started playing again cause i´m looking forward to the Boardgame :squirrel: )
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

happyguy142 wrote:Definitely looking forward to this game!! Brings back many fond memories of the BattleTech board game. I'm hoping the combat is going to be similar to x-com, I feel that would really bring the feel of the board game into the digital world. :-D
It should be like x-com in that you control a squad of 4 (in this case it's called a lance) in a turn based battle. It's not going to be a cover-centric system like x-com though as cover isn't nearly as big a deal in BattleTech. I'm not saying there won't be cover at all but x-com is very cover-centric and we're talking about 3 story tall 20-100 ton giant robots... they don't exactly hide behind trees and trash cans.

Asmodai wrote:
happyguy142 wrote:Definitely looking forward to this game!! Brings back many fond memories of the BattleTech board game. I'm hoping the combat is going to be similar to x-com, I feel that would really bring the feel of the board game into the digital world. :-D
It should be like x-com in that you control a squad of 4 (in this case it's called a lance) in a turn based battle. It's not going to be a cover-centric system like x-com though as cover isn't nearly as big a deal in BattleTech. I'm not saying there won't be cover at all but x-com is very cover-centric and we're talking about 3 story tall 20-100 ton giant robots... they don't exactly hide behind trees and trash cans.

I'm not saying it should be to the letter like x-com, I fully agree that cover and mechs don't tend to go in the same sentence together ;-). But just the basics of x com turned based combat would be awesome for this kind of game :D

So this game is releasing today. I'm super pumped though I'll probably wait till after release in case the reviews suck.

Very happy about the setting: it's not going to be Space America House Davion Against Everybody Else, which is cool but gets kinda boring and loses the impact of the very interesting techno-feudal setting that Battletech enjoys, but rather it is set on the periphery of the Inner Sphere. Also, it's Succession Wars era so no dirty, dirty clanners to spoil the fun.

Talvieno wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:54 am
I'm rather interested in it too. It looks like it'll be good. :) Haven't looked at it too closely, but from what I saw it looked something like XCOM, but with mechs.
That's the basic premise of the original tabletop game I'd say. The downside of that in a tabletop setting is all the number crunching you have to do, but of course it's set up very well for computers.

From what I understand they won't be using precisely the Classic Battletech tabletop rules, but it should capture the sense of it.

Online Now