Return to “Games”

Re: Morrowind

Lum wrote:Know the guy, Josh? :ghost:

I wanted to play as fast as possible, so I didn't look for further mods. The standard setup in MGSO3 have some problems. The placing of some items is incorrect (they levitate more or less at some places). Maybe I'll explore more mods later. Going into scripting is a no go, that's for sure :D
It's been a while since I last visited Vvardenfell, Lum, but mods don't always solve the glitches you can get in ES games. I still get the occasional flying horse in Skyrim even though there are mods installed which are designed to stop that sort of thing. :angel:

BTW I love your image laden reports on your progress through the big island. More please! :D

Lum wrote:@Netzbummler: my setup is very simple.

...and some useful mods (better signs, better texts, accurate attack, etc). Later I can edit this post with a complete list, if you want.
Yeeeah, and this is where it all start to fall apart for me. See, I'm a lazy person, I like to be spoon-fed in terms of mods. To install one or two mods is okay, but to achieve the results you showed often, if not most of the time, requires installation of a dozen mods, often in a particular order. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to pack all your mods that give those beautiful results into one single file? Just activate the .esm, and off you wander into the lands of Morrowind... *sigh* Well, one can still dream.
JoshParnell wrote:It's basically just MGSO 3 with my personal preferences set when it comes to texture packs & flora additions. I then tweaked my Morrowind Graphics Extender (MGE) setup to death until I was satisfied (including writing the shader chain).
I'll definitely try MGSO and hope that it will take me far enough. Still, lum, can you still post that list? I'd like to know what I'm missing. ;)

Also, is it possible for you to post the shader files for MGE? I do remember how I tried to tweak that thing myself, but having no idea what I'm actually doing made this a very short endeavor.

Flatfingers wrote:
alpan wrote:Ah, memories. Morrowind is my second or third favourite game of all time, and I have never played a game more receptive to the idea of being modified and broken. Even the game lore references its malleability.
The Dragon Break, you mean?
Yes, among others. The Dragon Break is simply the gateway drug, so to speak. A well-considered Google search or two will help show how deep the rabbit hole goes... :)

I've been in the TES Lore group on Facebook for a while now. Those folks are terrifying.

I showed up there, having read all the books, thinking I had a pretty fair handle on the lore of that universe.

AH-hahaha! No.

If anyone actually found the bottom of a TES rabbit hole, they would hire excavators to dig an infinite number of new rabbit holes nearby. Then they would fill in some of the holes. Then in one of the holes they would bury cliff racer bones next to an apocryphal letter from Vivec to Mankar Camoran on the subject of multiple personalities in Lesser Daedra.

Although, to be honest, I think part of this is people thinking it's cool or funny to emulate Michael Kirkbride. I find it very off-putting when I read his bizarre answers to sincere questions -- I often wonder if his highly poetic responses deliberately obfuscate a pleasure in jerking people around. (I'd rather go with a nicer interpretation, but his interviews always come across as impatient and insulting.)

Why should anyone believe him when he declares that he knows the end of The Elder Scrolls universe, and it's this:
Spoiler:      SHOW
The Thalmor win.
ginja_ninja wrote:People around here seem to have convinced themselves that the ultimate goal of the Thalmor is to "end Creation by destroying the Towers." I can't help but feel this is being misconstrued from some weird amalgamation of people reading that little blurb you posted in-character a long time ago that everyone quotes about "unbinding the Dragon and erasing the upstart Talos from the mythic" right after reading Nu-Mantia Intercept and how the Towers are fortifications of mortal existence, a subject that never seemed like it was being written with the intention of portraying a bunch of Altmer fundies as the villains.

Would you care to offer some insight on what a more accurate aspiration for the Thalmor's realization of their goals would be, insomuch as it's even possible to write in a sufficiently concise and cryptic manner for an organization that operates on bureaucratically-saturated information overload in more or less everything they do?
MKirkbride wrote:The Thalmor is easily the most dangerous organization in the Aurbis. Moreso than Talos.

They cannot be understood. They are the Other and they hate everything that even smells like mortality.

And they're going to win in the end.
TES lore: best avoided.

@ Netzbummler: my list of mods:

-MGSO 3.0 (compilation of mods)
-Skies IV
-Better dialogue font + Bigger vanilla font (essential for actual screen resolutions, unless you care zero for your eyes...)
-Real signposts
-Smart crosshair
-Better gameplay + BG-Bloodmoon + BG Tribunal
-Accurate attack
-Run faster (picked the slighty faster one. Until level 8 or so my character was exhasperating slow...)
-Natural healing (changed the standard value of 0.05 for a slower rate. No natural healing was a no-go for me, but I didn't want to cheat so much lol)

-Tamriel rebuilt (I've only activated the completed part, the alpha part not yet, since it isn't finished...)
-Epic Sadrith Mora
-Josh's The Farmer Mod
-Telvanni Lighthouse
-Caverns overhaul
-Morrowind comes alive
-Wyrmhaven
-Lovely loading screens (fantastic art there...)
-Where are all birds going (is nice to see all those birds in the sky, although sometimes they appear in strange places)
-Water Life (there you can find some of these creatures... I was killed by some sort of tiger shark last week. I was bleeding and that attracted the beast...)
-Darknut's Armour + Weapons
-Morrowind Code Patch. The newest version of it, since the one in MGSO is outdated.

I think I didn't forget anything...
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

Lum's Adventures on Vvardenfell - Today: The Bitter Coast.

My journey led me from some farm in the Ascadian Isles region back to the place where everything began: Seyda Neen. The night was partially clouded, so I made a stop to sell some things, waiting for the skies to clear. With no time to lose in banal things like eating or sleeping :ghost: our favourite Dunmer uses the first lights of the day to wander the swamps and isles of the Bitter Coast... and a Grotto, which ended up being the tomb of an anonimous adventurer. Lum swears that the good lady already was like that when he arrived :shh:

The second part of the day, Lum returned to Seyda Neen, then used the... ehem... touristic route... to explore some more isles in the general direction of Ebonheart as the sun went down. Next step, exploring that shipwreck!
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

Lum wrote:@ Netzbummler: my list of mods:
Spoiler:      SHOW
-MGSO 3.0 (compilation of mods)
-Skies IV
-Better dialogue font + Bigger vanilla font (essential for actual screen resolutions, unless you care zero for your eyes...)
-Real signposts
-Smart crosshair
-Better gameplay + BG-Bloodmoon + BG Tribunal
-Accurate attack
-Run faster (picked the slighty faster one. Until level 8 or so my character was exhasperating slow...)
-Natural healing (changed the standard value of 0.05 for a slower rate. No natural healing was a no-go for me, but I didn't want to cheat so much lol)

-Tamriel rebuilt (I've only activated the completed part, the alpha part not yet, since it isn't finished...)
-Epic Sadrith Mora
-Josh's The Farmer Mod
-Telvanni Lighthouse
-Caverns overhaul
-Morrowind comes alive
-Wyrmhaven
-Lovely loading screens (fantastic art there...)
-Where are all birds going (is nice to see all those birds in the sky, although sometimes they appear in strange places)
-Water Life (there you can find some of these creatures... I was killed by some sort of tiger shark last week. I was bleeding and that attracted the beast...)
-Darknut's Armour + Weapons
-Morrowind Code Patch. The newest version of it, since the one in MGSO is outdated.
I think I didn't forget anything...
Oh god, this and your images are making me want to play again!
I dont have time, I wish I did... :(
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now