Total votes: 31 (14%)
Star Wars
Total votes: 34 (15%)
Stargate
Total votes: 30 (13%)
Toilet Paper
Total votes: 13 (6%)
Total votes: 228
Re: How would you rank these space sci-fi franchises?

I watched all series and movies of every franchise listed in the poll (except a couple of the oldest Dr. Who). All are fantastic and special in their own way. For each better station of this one you get better ships from the other, or better plots, or better characters, or better whatever. That Firefly is in that list speak volumes. Would you imagine Star Trek with only 14 episodes from the first season? And yet FF is there because, well obvious reasons. Those fan wars, be about sci-fi franchises, superheroes or whatnot is silly, get to my nerves and only serves to prove beyond all doubt that humans are as stupid as you can possible get. End of the rant. :ghost:
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

Victor Tombs wrote:Actually, I thought IronDuke's post would cause uproar from fans of other franchises, especially the star Wars fans, Lum. :P

I'm biased, I admit it. I have very special memories of Babylon 5. :angel:
Don't tell me Star Wars fans consider linear trench flight, or two huge ships exchanging broadside fire from three paces any sort of nail-biting action and masterful choreography :lol:
panic

Mistycica wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:Actually, I thought IronDuke's post would cause uproar from fans of other franchises, especially the star Wars fans, Lum. :P

I'm biased, I admit it. I have very special memories of Babylon 5. :angel:
Don't tell me Star Wars fans consider linear trench flight, or two huge ships exchanging broadside fire from three paces any sort of nail-biting action and masterful choreography :lol:
Sorry, I for one enjoy those battles. As to the fan arguments I've heard quite a few, especially when it comes to comparing Star Wars to Star Trek which always frustrates me.

For me Star Wars is about the battles and Luke's development from farm boy to Jedi Knight. The prequels (I think) are mostly there to give a glimpse as to who Anikin Skywalker was and how he became Vader.

Star Gate Atlantis seemed to be mostly entertainment without any actual story.

Star Trek (Next Generation) almost always had a moral to the story and provoked thought after the episode. Voyager seems to do that a bit as well, though it's much more subtle.

1. Star Wars
2. Stargate
3. HGTTG

I can't find 5 to vote for. Star Trek episode 7192? Nah.

"Space, above and beyond" would make my list but probably only because it was canceled before it could become boring. =P

Mistycica wrote:Don't tell me Star Wars fans consider linear trench flight, or two huge ships exchanging broadside fire from three paces any sort of nail-biting action and masterful choreography :lol:
It's space opera. Abandon all common sense ye who enter here.
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.

Dune, Stargate, Firefly and BSG have my vote,never really got too much into the Hitchhiker's stuff so I can't say one way or another, and I've never really cared for star wars or star trek. Dr who has huge differences in quality pretty much episode to episode, but I have liked some of them.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Online Now