Return to “Suggestions”

Re: Small things that would be nice to have

im less thinking in terms of projects (which im sure can already be queued (build this station complex and then this one) and marked as continous, because josh surely doesnt want to have to re-enable his miners every 5 minutes)
but in more low level, ship centric, terms
with command queueing being a substitute / replacement for RPG "gambit/tactics" systems.

my initial inspiration was a function for me to call reinforcements with the press of a button
with the "wait until trigger" bound to a keystroke and causing a group of ships to fly to my position..

it just expanded from there :lol:

Some simple economy view which shows average production rates of resources in different zoom levels.

"The grtlsprnk cluster produces 2000 units of randomium ore per hour"
"The altera system produces 30 units of luxury food per hour"
"Mining station 2..."

Those numbers could be limited to player assets, player + all npc, a certain npc faction etc.
Of course only when the player has aquired the data somehow (espionage, monitoring of the local trade stations stocks/transactions, asking)

Flatfingers wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:Some simple economy view which shows average production rates of resources in different zoom levels.
Of course only when the player has aquired the data somehow (espionage, monitoring of the local trade stations stocks/transactions, asking)
Maybe one of the first game mods will be "export market data to Excel."
*Stares suspiciously at Flatfingers* :ghost: :think:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Something small that would be nice to have is a camera mode where it travels in more or less a straight line, the world around you rolling slowly. This would be used for if you do something particularly stupid and your faction dumps you out an airlock the next time you dock. :D

I'm only partly serious, but the thought amuses me.

Flat - I assume that when you say "export market data" you mean "export only the data from one station", right? Because the data from every station in every system would be a lot to take in. :P
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Silverware wrote:The Citadels are what would get me back, oh god those look amazing!
Are they a replacement for PoS'? or are they just another type? I'm lost in their functionality.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

"recommendations" from the AI on how/with what resources to fulfil a contract.

could just be a dump of "what would the AI do" in a human readable format.

Black--Snow wrote: Are they a replacement for PoS'? or are they just another type? I'm lost in their functionality.
replacement for everything vaguely station like, iirc everything from mobile depots and upwards get included in the new station system.

Online Now