Return to “General”

Why I've Mostly Halted Responding to Personal Communications

Hey guys,

I know many of you have tried to get in touch with me over the past several months, and I've been sparse in my (personal) communications, to say the least. I'd just like you all to know that I do care about you! But for quite some time my PM box has been overflown (I have 45 new messages at the moment that I can't even read until I go increase the max PM box size in phpbb). Other than that, my personal email is regularly overflown with communications from various and sundry folks who've got things to say about the game, questions, etc (mostly very kind and insightful!)

Unfortunately, the truth is that I just haven't got enough time to respond 1-on-1 these days, especially not with the volume I'm getting (it's been a steady increase ever since the KS finished), which is why some of you may have taken offense or thought I was ignoring you. I'm not...I'm just.......err...not capable of allocating the time?? :shifty: That's not the same thing, right? :angel:

Anyway. I want all those who have tried to contact me to know that I love you, but I'm just a tad too overflown with work to respond to everything (and it wouldn't really be fair to pick-and-choose those to whom I respond, because, quite frankly, I get a lot of awesome personal communications (not even counting the 45 PMs to which I currently have no access)).

Excuses excuses, I know, but just wanted you guys to know that I care. Just not as much as I care about getting the game in your hands :ghost: :roll:

<3 Josh

(And yes, this was basically in response to the general sentiment of "Josh being impossible to get ahold of" :oops: )
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford
Re: Why I've Mostly Halted Responding to Personal Communicat

Depending on how long that stretch to the next milestone is, it might be a good solution to appoint a generic communications manager sort of person that can deal with such inquiries and also provide a somewhat next to regular flow of information into the community. This way inbound messages could be directed towards a relatively well informed person without keeping the dev away from development. I know this idea has been brought up previously.
You cannot not communicate.
Paul Watzlawick - 1st Axiom

charnode wrote:Depending on how long that stretch to the next milestone is, it might be a good solution to appoint a generic communications manager sort of person that can deal with such inquiries and also provide a somewhat next to regular flow of information into the community. This way inbound messages could be directed towards a relatively well informed person without keeping the dev away from development. I know this idea has been brought up previously.
I still like this idea better, charnode. I wonder how much of a control freak the coding warrior is. I'm sure he could find someone suitable for the role. :angel:

:shifty: Not me, I hasten to add. I'm much too busy to deal with PM's and suchlike. *chuckle*

charnode wrote:Depending on how long that stretch to the next milestone is, it might be a good solution to appoint a generic communications manager sort of person that can deal with such inquiries and also provide a somewhat next to regular flow of information into the community. This way inbound messages could be directed towards a relatively well informed person without keeping the dev away from development. I know this idea has been brought up previously.
Yes.

I know that I only attempted one personal contact to Josh, and that was due specifically to his quick response to Rock Paper Shotgun after several months of no communication to loyal forum fans and Kickstarter backers.

Trusting one person -- officially designating one person to communicate with LT fans and giving that person real information about LT on a weekly basis -- resolves every single reasonable concern for Josh's health and the status of this project, and without taking away anything whatsoever from the jaw-dropping technical wizardry that has gone into creating Limit Theory.

It's easy to be an outsider solving someone else's problems with a wave of the hand. I'm sure I don't understand everything that's going on. Maybe there's some good reason not to let someone else handle communications just as Francois was contracted to handle the music for LT.

In any event, Josh, I appreciate your taking the time to speak to why you wouldn't feel right (or get much work done) trying to answer the amount of personal correspondences you receive. I continue to wish you and this project the best.

I don't think they'd help with acting as full-time PR/community managers. They have jobs of their own. PR for LT wouldn't be full-time, but it would be enough that I doubt the mentors would have time to cater just to Josh - especially if Josh isn't the only one they're helping (which he very probably isn't).
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now