Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: LT forum ART and Hobby Center

Finished sanding yesterday, got down to wet sanding with a 1200 grit paper. I might have gone a little overboard sanding the grips however as I'm immediately using a textured spray paint on it. :wtf: Here is the first coat, got a few puddles on it. :( Image Once I get another coat or two it's going to get a matte black enamel over it.
The only limit is the one you set.

Thanks you guys! Finally able to get started on some visible changes now that the sanding is done, and here it is with the first white coat for the base. Need to go and pick up some more paint unfortunately, then I will get started making it look metal! Image Also it's a good thing that painters tape is cheap! :thumbup:

Thank you for the praise Victor but I can't take that much credit for it, the model itself was created by someone else, don't remember his name unfortunately, I simply printed it from my 3d printer. All I can take credit for is actually putting the thing together and painting it. :( Maybe my next project will be a model starship that I completely design myself. Here is more for the paint job, and an old picture that I have found from before bonding the pieces. Thinking of getting a vinyl cutter for the graphics that are on it. Image Image Image Image

My neighbour has a modest 3d printer and has been busily printing off sci-fi characters from various TV series and movies. It's the sort of equipment I would have been happy owning back in the days when I was collecting plastic model toys and kits. :)

Are you into cosplay, Sky? I would think your equipment could be quite handy for making some of the more elaborate pieces. :angel:

Well you could say I'm getting into it, but right now I simply don't have the time to make the clone commander suit that I want. However I found something interesting and managed to order it for a low price. This Shadowtrooper armor is going to be really nice when it ships next January. I ordered the kit which is the blown plastic that needs to be cut and built. :D Got it for 300$ by the way.

Oh and if you want to see my 3d printer in action and being built, here you are! Made these a long time ago.

P.S.
That is me building it in real time by the way! :thumbup:

Online Now