Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: LT forum ART and Hobby Center

DanielW wrote:Thanks a lot guys! :)

BFett: Your backgrounds look great!

And Talvieno: Sure, always happy to help with advice, if I can. Just ask. ;)
He thinks he needs help from the ground up. I'm trying to nudge him towards making an MS Paint-based forum game (which he's stated interest in making), but his current excuse is that he "can't draw". :P So I'm thinking... let's fix that. :D
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Re: LT forum ART and Hobby Center

I can't draw partly because I use one of these as my mouse -
Image And before the whole shitstorm of "which mouse is better"...

When it comes to playing percussion (drums, keyboards, congas, etc), you're taught not to overplay or overexaggerate your movements because that's when you tend to get things like tendinitis or carpal tunnel syndrome. The other part is that you want to move the smallest muscle possible, because when you move larger muscles, it takes more effort and time to move, thus you're not able to play as fast or as articulately. This doesn't mean you CAN'T play articulately or fast if you do the opposite, it just tends to lend itself more to injury.

Applied to computer mice. A regular mouse you have to move your whole forearm vs the trackball where you only have to move your thumb. Smaller muscle, better speed/articulation. Back when the original Command and Conquer was around (before Gamespy even), I was actually on the ladders there and ranked high up.

So that's my reasoning for a trackball.

However, it's also much easier to draw with your forearm (as that's what we do when we're kids) vs. drawing with just your thumb (which is the only mouse I have). Trying to relearn that from scratch... :(

/end rant
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Online Now