Return to “General”

Hey Everyone!!!

Hey guys!

My name's Andy. Some of you may have seen me lurking around the forums lately, but I've been involved with Limit Theory since the very beginnings. I'm Josh's best friend IRL, and will be handling the art / creative direction, UI, etc.. Above all, I'm ultimately here to help develop systems for beautiful procedural space graphics (spaceships, space stations, etc..)!

Just in case you were wondering, I've been accepted to Pixar's art internship program, Universal Studios post-production internship, won a few ADDYs, did tour visuals for Skrillex, Zedd, Madeon & Nas last summer in LA, currently doing contract compositing/modeling work for Vera Wang's commercial director remotely, and a few other things over the last few years, etc...

There will be a more formal introduction on the Kickstarter updates.. but I wanted to informally introduce myself here. I'm really looking forward to being a part of this great community! I also look forward to hearing art suggestions, etc.. as I'm fully open to anything and everything. I want to make the best game possible!!

A little teaser of work (mostly traditional in this outlet, but there's more to come, particularly digital, in my formal introduction)...

http://instagram.com/binarydream
Re: Hey Everyone!!!

I know you were all worried about a programmer trying to make things look good...fear not, this man has an eye for beauty :D

But seriously, I'm very happy to have Andy (like he said, best friend IRL) on board! With his artistic abilities, I can focus more on the code while he makes everything look great, ensures that the UI is sleek and intuitive, and so on. It's gonna be great :)

Because really, those of you with prototype access know that the ship generator badly needs the attention of someone with an artistic eye :(
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Awesome! Nice to know that Josh has a social life outside of coding ungodly hours!

I'd say Welcome, but as you said, you've been here longer than even I have. :mrgreen:

Good to finally meet ya!
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

I was wondering who that other red font dude was. Sounds cool, this can only help improve Limit Theory further. 8-)

About social life: Here's Josh introducing you to someone else who probably works crazy hours as his best friend. I don't know what to think of it. :P
You cannot not communicate.
Paul Watzlawick - 1st Axiom

DWMagus wrote:Awesome! Nice to know that Josh has a social life outside of coding ungodly hours!

Good to finally meet ya!
Likewise!
charnode wrote:
About social life: Here's Josh introducing you to someone else who probably works crazy hours as his best friend. I don't know what to think of it.
I'm guilty of that as well, truthfully Josh and I are usually pushing each other to new levels of sleep deprivation - but this just means a better game :lol:

Andy, just checked out your Instagram link, and you seem really talented. Wish I could draw like that, frankly.

Glad to know Josh has some backup, and isn't trying to solo his way through Limit Theory.

Anyway, welcome to the forums! (Beware the e-cookie. The e-cookie is a lie!!!)
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."

How are you going to deal with the colorblind aspect of the game?
I am slightly Red/Green colorblind (deuteranopia if you care for the scientific-al name) and there are already a few issues that will become more of a problem later on.
For example, for me, I can not tell the difference between the 'green' and the 'yellow (orange?)' in the game FAQ, but the red is red 'enough' for me to clearly tell it apart from anything. (along the same lines, on the top header, is "Board index < Limit Theory < General" 'yellow', while the line underneath "User Control Panel (0 new messages) • View your posts" 'green'. I've never noticed that 'til now.)
I can tell the orange/green apart here, but someone with a more severe case of colorblindness WILL have trouble with it.

There are a few thing in-game, that would be/is a problem for me, should I post it here? or in the Suggestions? how about the Bugs? General?
display(Rndom.signature);

Rndom wrote:How are you going to deal with the colorblind aspect of the game?
I am slightly Red/Green colorblind (deuteranopia if you care for the scientific-al name) and there are already a few issues that will become more of a problem later on.
For example, for me, I can not tell the difference between the 'green' and the 'yellow (orange?)' in the game FAQ, but the red is red 'enough' for me to clearly tell it apart from anything. (along the same lines, on the top header, is "Board index < Limit Theory < General" 'yellow', while the line underneath "User Control Panel (0 new messages) • View your posts" 'green'. I've never noticed that 'til now.)
I can tell the orange/green apart here, but someone with a more severe case of colorblindness WILL have trouble with it.

There are a few thing in-game, that would be/is a problem for me, should I post it here? or in the Suggestions? how about the Bugs? General?
Hey Rndom, we are aware of the issue with the prototype with respect to color usage - actually, it's one of the issues listed on the bug list. Definitely keeping it in mind and will try to do our best to differentiate in other ways on top of color in the future :)
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Rndom wrote:How are you going to deal with the colorblind aspect of the game?

Fully aware of this :) And don't worry - in addition to color, I'll be using other indicators to show things like health / power, etc... in the UI & elsewhere. I'll do my best to accomodate, and obviously if there is anything in particular that I miss, or doesn't work, feel free to PM me and I'll create a solution.

I should also do some research to help me as well.

Just_Ice_au wrote:Andy, just checked out your Instagram link, and you seem really talented. Wish I could draw like that, frankly.

Glad to know Josh has some backup, and isn't trying to solo his way through Limit Theory.

Anyway, welcome to the forums! (Beware the e-cookie. The e-cookie is a lie!!!)

Thanks, i've been drawing most of my life if it makes you feel any better! I'll keep that in mind when someone offers :)

Online Now