Return to “Kickstarter Campaign”

Re: Good luck

Johnman wrote:I just became a backer and wanted to extend my congratulations on getting this far. I can't wait to see this take shape, and while I understand this is going to be a long trip, I'm happy to have gotten here this early and really excited to tag along!

Also, I was somewhat sad to discover that the donation limit for getting tech demos and such was so high. Heck, I did consider if I could afford it somehow, but according to my calculations, I would starve to death in a week :P I can't wait to start seeing progress videos. Have you considered any kind of semi-regular video updates to keep the flame going?

Anyway, enough rambling! Good luck and have fun!

By the way, I learned of Limit Theory through a TIGSource blog post.
I definitely would rather you not starve, Johnman! And I saw that TIGSource post, it was quite nice :) Yes, I definitely plan on providing regular video updates, and doing as much dev work as I can as soon as I get back to my main dev machine! I want to show people first-hand how quickly I can accomplish things.
Zenton Karvash wrote:Will be backing the project as soon as I get my next pay check. I wish you the best, your project looks awesome.
Thanks Zenton! I look forward to having you onboard!
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Johnman wrote:Also, I was somewhat sad to discover that the donation limit for getting tech demos and such was so high. Heck, I did consider if I could afford it somehow, but according to my calculations, I would starve to death in a week :P
I share your pain, man. Josh said he would consider lowering the entry price of beta and alpha access. I'll up in a flash if and when that happens. :D

miner_john wrote:Josh,

I found your game here on the Kerbal space program forums.
This guy said something about being your friend.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/sho ... r%21%21%21
Hey John, thanks for the link, I was unaware that we had made it over there! I know the guy from the Infinity forums. That was the first (and only, incidentally) place that I announced the launch of my KS, as I have been an active member of the Infinity forums for quite a while.
Atarun wrote:
Johnman wrote:Also, I was somewhat sad to discover that the donation limit for getting tech demos and such was so high. Heck, I did consider if I could afford it somehow, but according to my calculations, I would starve to death in a week :P
I share your pain, man. Josh said he would consider lowering the entry price of beta and alpha access. I'll up in a flash if and when that happens. :D
Hopefully you will be present tomorrow ;)

this project oozes with professionalism and a very good, awesomely ran KS

(now if only FD could have done the same) : :roll:

but I have very high hopes for this game, now, (yours) and really glad I backed it, congrats to reaching the half way mark, onwards and upwards

I'm sure the Kickstarter will work out well for you, Josh.

When I first learned about your game-in-progress, I became immediately fascinated (being a space game fanatic) when I found loads of neat information and media on both the Kickstarter and the Limit Theory websites. I like the way how you're fully handling the development of your game on your own, being in total control of it. Seems like a cool adventure, and I wish you all the best with it. I'm sure Limit Theory will turn out to be pretty amazing. :)

Cheers!

CatInSpace wrote:I'm sure the Kickstarter will work out well for you, Josh.

When I first learned about your game-in-progress, I became immediately fascinated (being a space game fanatic) when I found loads of neat information and media on both the Kickstarter and the Limit Theory websites. I like the way how you're fully handling the development of your game on your own, being in total control of it. Seems like a cool adventure, and I wish you all the best with it. I'm sure Limit Theory will turn out to be pretty amazing. :)

Cheers!
Thanks!! I really enjoy being in control of everything. I think it yields a great deal of coherence in the overall image and presentation of the game.
matthewfarmery wrote:this project oozes with professionalism and a very good, awesomely ran KS

(now if only FD could have done the same) : :roll:

but I have very high hopes for this game, now, (yours) and really glad I backed it, congrats to reaching the half way mark, onwards and upwards
Thanks Matthew :D I am still waiting for a big update from FD, surely DB has something secret/awesome in store?

Read about this on RPS the other day and thought it looked and sounded fantastic, so decided to pop on here and wish you luck! Although seeing as though the amount pledged has gone from $32,302 to $49,538 in that short time, it looks like you won't need it!

Good luck anyway ;)

Indeed Matthew, I'm really looking forward to play around with the alpha and beta builds as well. It's one of the reasons I upgraded my old pledge really. It will be fun to see what's in store for us, and it will also be cool to test things, give feedback and suggestions, etcetera. The more people we'll have in the alpha/beta period the better.

I am hoping that the alphas will not just be about ship combat, but also include a basic version of 'trading' and 'exploring' and such *peeks at Josh' secret development plans* - but if I have to wait for that until the (early) betas that's obviously fine as well. :)

With 26 days to go till the Kickstarter is finished, I am curious to see what ideas Josh has to deal with all the additional incoming funds. Introducing new gameplay ideas would be fun, but he'll have to be able to implement them as well within the project timeframe. Not setting too many gameplay goals would be best, because many targets and things to do can lead to stress, and yes, to suffering. ;) I do hope he will be able to continue to manage this whole project on his own, because it *would* be good for the final game, I think.

Online Now