Return to “Kickstarter Campaign”

Good luck

Morning,

I am a space-sim fan from the UK, living and working in the Middle East, and whilst browsing the Kick Starter forum came across your pitch.

Simply put your game looks amazing.

Once I figure out how to do Amazon payments I will be pledging.

To think, all this by 1 man, 20 years old, in the space (no pun intended) of 3 months.

You have a bright future ahead of you, and so do we as players.

Liqua.
Re: Good luck

Liqua wrote:Morning,

I am a space-sim fan from the UK, living and working in the Middle East, and whilst browsing the Kick Starter forum came across your pitch.

To think, all this by 1 man, 20 years old, in the space (no pun intended) of 3 months.

Liqua.
Thanks so much Liqua, I really appreciate your kind words :) I can't wait for the game to be a reality!
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

No luck needed IMHO.

I don't know what it is...
a) Josh's timing?
b) because he's a lone-wolf dev?
c) lack-of-exposure? No hard-sell?
d) the fact that Frontier couldn't organise a piss-up in a pub?
e) the fact that Josh uses a dark theme for his IDE just like me? <instead of the shocking white glare that everyone else uses>

....but this thing is starting to take off.

Look!

Buckle up kids!

ps: the correct answer is (e)

Thanks guys! :)
Deej wrote:No luck needed IMHO.

I don't know what it is...
a) Josh's timing?
b) because he's a lone-wolf dev?
c) lack-of-exposure? No hard-sell?
d) the fact that Frontier couldn't organise a piss-up in a pub?
e) the fact that Josh uses a dark theme for his IDE just like me? <instead of the shocking white glare that everyone else uses>

....but this thing is starting to take off.

Look!

Buckle up kids!

ps: the correct answer is (e)

Ahahahaha love it. Yes sir, I've spent so much time in front of code...gotta have a good-looking IDE! I'm quite proud of my tricked-out VS2010 setup. People at school always brag to me about their emacs setup and VIM and all that nonsense and I'm like "yeah, I use Visual Studio." And so they laugh and think they're all cool and stuff. And then I pull out my laptop, boot VS, and start coding. And then they weep.

Hey, just in case you haven't heard of it, Sublime Text is actually an incredible editor, and it's SO easy on the eyes! I've recently switched to it, and will probably be finishing off LT development in it! Check it out if you like writing code in style ;) http://www.sublimetext.com/

I can't wait to see this game get developed.
I remember getting Elite on my Acorn Electron at the age of 11 and loving it, more than any other game (even now)
I loved the ideas behind the sequels, but hated the Newtonian physics and preferred the arcadey dog fighting feel to the original.
I was disappointed when Elite Dangerous said it will have the same physics as the sequels.

Limit Theory has restored my hope that I will once again get to play a perfect space game.

Anyway, get off the forums and get back programming :D

Good luck :)

Huge fan of this genre, in particularly the X series, but they left plenty to be desired in interface and usability.

If you manage to approach the same depth but make the game more accessible interface wise, you're on to a real winner.

If it comes out on Steam even better - I struggle remembering/running any games I don't have in my library these days :)

dij wrote:I can't wait to see this game get developed.
I remember getting Elite on my Acorn Electron at the age of 11 and loving it, more than any other game (even now)
I loved the ideas behind the sequels, but hated the Newtonian physics and preferred the arcadey dog fighting feel to the original.
I was disappointed when Elite Dangerous said it will have the same physics as the sequels.

Limit Theory has restored my hope that I will once again get to play a perfect space game.

Anyway, get off the forums and get back programming :D
Hey dij, I definitely want to give you that perfect space game experience (after all, the whole point of LT is that I want that experience too!)
Evil Tactician wrote:Good luck :)

Huge fan of this genre, in particularly the X series, but they left plenty to be desired in interface and usability.

If you manage to approach the same depth but make the game more accessible interface wise, you're on to a real winner.

If it comes out on Steam even better - I struggle remembering/running any games I don't have in my library these days :)
Yes, the interface was definitely a problem with X series, but you'll be happy to know that I'm already quite pleased with the LT interface and I think you're going to enjoy interacting with it! :) And yep, Steam is the plan...here's to hoping!

Alright alright, back to coding ;)

Liqua wrote:Morning,

Liqua.
My thoughts exactly. Um, except the working in the Middle East part! 8-)

Backed this and might back it more during the campaign! Of all the space sims that have popped up over the past few weeks this one interests me the most... I'm a sucker for procedural generation!

I just became a backer and wanted to extend my congratulations on getting this far. I can't wait to see this take shape, and while I understand this is going to be a long trip, I'm happy to have gotten here this early and really excited to tag along!

Also, I was somewhat sad to discover that the donation limit for getting tech demos and such was so high. Heck, I did consider if I could afford it somehow, but according to my calculations, I would starve to death in a week :P I can't wait to start seeing progress videos. Have you considered any kind of semi-regular video updates to keep the flame going?

Anyway, enough rambling! Good luck and have fun!

By the way, I learned of Limit Theory through a TIGSource blog post.

Online Now