Return to “Kickstarter Campaign”

Re: Rewards - Suggestions

Commander McLane wrote:
Chameleon wrote:Josh, if you could estimate when you would be likely to have a pre-alpha/alpha version for mac/linux (after we get to the $100k goal?), having an alternate $75 pledge equivalent to the Black Friday Beta pledge (with just the game, beta, soundtrack, and mac/linux alpha) would be great for those of us using those platforms. I would definitely increase my pledge :)
Josh has already practically ruled out multi-platform for the pre-alpha and alpha state, while at the same time giving us hope for the beta version being for Mac/Linux as well.
Well, Josh hasn't said anything about releasing the alpha to the backers, note the wording in the backer rewards
PRE-ALPHA combat prototype/playable demo
and at least one post on this forum stating that what you get isn't actually the alpha, it's a combat prototype.

Point still stands about it probably not being multi-platform early 2013.
FAQ | Kickstarter | IRC | Common Suggestions

Yes, I'm well aware that the pre-alpha/combat prototype will be windows only, which is why I asked if he could estimate when he thinks he will start mac/linux porting (which is hopefully at some point in the alpha version of the game); I'm not expecting the pre-alpha for mac/linux at the same time as the windows version, it would probably be a few months after (and also probably a different prototype) and only if Josh wants to go that route.

It's just a reward suggestion that I think will get mac/linux players to happily pledge more, as we do like to support games that show their support of our platforms.
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/12/linu ... die-bundle
I Pledged: $45 - BLACK FRIDAY BETA
Linux user. Crafter/Trader.

Skyfligher wrote:Does the pre-alpha pledge level include alpha testing or just the pre-alpha, i may have missed this if it has already been asked. Will you implement an NDA on pre-alpha and alpha testers?
The pledge includes everything specified in the pledge description on Kickstarter. I suggest you just go over there and read it. :)

Skyfligher wrote:It doesn't specify Alpha and i'm simply curious if it does, it says Pre-Alpha not Alpha I realize this.
No reward currently includes access to an Alpha product of any kind. The only game component available for early access, aside from access to the Beta, is the Pre-Alpha combat prototype referenced in the $75 reward tier.
I am 42.

Skyfligher wrote:I was simply asking him a question, which i know will more than likely be no, regarding the Alpha testing. I ask this question because i know it is not specifically addressed in the reward tiers.
I understand, however, it has been answered several times throughout the forum. There is no alpha access being offered at this time. Only the combat prototype.
I am 42.

Skyfligher wrote:It doesn't specify Alpha and i'm simply curious if it does, it says Pre-Alpha not Alpha I realize this.
Which means that you will not get access to alpha. That's a clear and straightforward answer, and it is "no". So why are you asking the same question over and over again? You've already got an answer. The answer is "no, there is no access to an alpha version planned". Live with it.

Hey Sky, no, sorry, no alpha access will be offered! Only the pre-alpha prototype and the beta. Sorry! :)
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Bele wrote:
macartoon wrote:Hi guys,
I thought that maybe you could offer a reward tier that features the backers name, put into the NPC name-generation base, so that some special backers might find their own name in the game universe!
-Niko
Josh has already said no to this stating that it would break immersion.
You know, it might break immersion as a planet/ship/station name, but I would think as NPC names it could actually be feasible. Perhaps not in every game, but have them appear in the default seed (3827)? I don't see how the names of real people are likely to be that different from the names of NPCs, honestly. Is it really going to be a problem to have Zak Gordon (to steal a forum member's name) instead of Joe Brown asking you for help? Or are the naming standards going to be that massively different?
I am 42.

Kayse wrote:
Bele wrote:
macartoon wrote:Hi guys,
I thought that maybe you could offer a reward tier that features the backers name, put into the NPC name-generation base, so that some special backers might find their own name in the game universe!
-Niko
Josh has already said no to this stating that it would break immersion.
You know, it might break immersion as a planet/ship/station name, but I would think as NPC names it could actually be feasible. Perhaps not in every game, but have them appear in the default seed (3827)? I don't see how the names of real people are likely to be that different from the names of NPCs, honestly. Is it really going to be a problem to have Zak Gordon (to steal a forum member's name) instead of Joe Brown asking you for help? Or are the naming standards going to be that massively different?
The problem would be people using nicks that aren't real names, such as light487 who is active on kickstarter comments, you could of course check the names to see if they would be immersion breaking before adding them, but it could potentially be a lot of work to get everyone to choose names that aren't immersion breaking.
FAQ | Kickstarter | IRC | Common Suggestions

Online Now