Return to “Kickstarter Campaign”

Re: Some food for thought...

Striking a balance between having a practical budget and not having people see the dev team as greedy is a pretty fine line at times. I would say having trust with the supporters is crucial. Will make a difference between a backlash of negativity which can hurt a project to having a supportive community who will wait for the goods to be delivered.
Image To boldly go where no one has gone before
Re: Some food for thought...

Ringo wrote:Striking a balance between having a practical budget and not having people see the dev team as greedy is a pretty fine line at times. I would say having trust with the supporters is crucial. Will make a difference between a backlash of negativity which can hurt a project to having a supportive community who will wait for the goods to be delivered.
I'm not sure the balance is between a practical budget and being perceived as greedy... IMO, a practical budget means you ask for what you need + a safety margin in case things go wrong (spoiler alert: they will, they always do).

However, I agree wholeheartedly that trust is the most important thing.

From what I've seen, the surest way to make backers think they've been scammed is to try to hide your mistakes/issues. Every single time a creator of one of the projects I backed came clean about what they had done wrong or how bad luck struck them hard, I've seen the backer community support them overwhelmingly.
But when creators keep promising things that never come (say... updates) and then when somebody asks why they get defensive and go "I've got issues!", that's where I've seen backers become really negative (in funded projects, I mean, I've seen plenty of negativity in projects that never made it).

Online Now