Return to “Kickstarter Campaign”

Can I still back this?

Ok so I am 21 and jobless, so money isn't something I have very often, and I really wanted to back this game, but couldn't make the deadline, so here I am a week late sitting here with my christmas money and wanting to get in on limit theory but being unable to. (Was going to go for the $45 beta access tier.)
So I thought what if I ask on the forums if Josh will still accept my money, even if I don't get any kickstarter limited stuff or anything I just wanna back the game.
So do you have a paypal or something for me to pay you with, or should I just wait for the release date?
Re: Can I still back this?

I understand your pain. However, in terms of money Josh seems set for a while, so not being able to back is not going to hurt the project (specially since the funding goal was more than met). If you truly wanted to back to support the project rather than for any of the extra goodies, don't worry, you can always buy it on release.

In any case, I hope you stick around until launch!

quartzchrysalis wrote:Well I guess that's that, eh?

Thanks for the help.
I'm very sorry quartz, for me, closing the funding was a matter of principle. It's a slippery slope, and all too easy to adopt the "just one more day of funding" mentality if one doesn't stick to a hard-and-fast plan...which is why I laid mine out early on and stuck to it.

As others have said, hope you'll hang around the forums and get the game when it comes out :) Sorry again for the inconvenience.
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Not a problem at all, the "just one more..." slope is terrible, and it is a wise thing to just say no the first time.

Though I am wondering, given we didn't meet the 200k stretch will we never see carriers, or are they just postponed until you can afford to make them? (after release sales I would assume)

quartzchrysalis wrote: Though I am wondering, given we didn't meet the 200k stretch will we never see carriers, or are they just postponed until you can afford to make them? (after release sales I would assume)
Josh made a bit of a joke and stated that carriers were actually the 185k goal and thus we ended up achieving it. Carriers will be in the game.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Matthew Cason wrote:We will have massive, star-faring battlewagons to carry our conquering fleets in! :D
Better believe it. How else are you going to ride between the planets that you own? Only peons ride in sub-capital ships. :ugeek:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

I feel like this isn't really a thread hijack, considering it applies to the topic... But feel free to tell me otherwise.

My question is this, Josh: I understand that you want to avoid the "slippery slope" of the one more day mentality, but why not just cutoff the stretch funding and allow people to pre-order? For those of us who for whatever reason missed the initial kickstarter but really, *really* want to be involved in the Beta, and are willing to pay an increased price to do so, why not open it up to PayPal?

I think the reason he hasn't put up pre-orders yet is because Josh isn't yet sure of what distribution method he's using. As such, I don't think he wants to split between different methods.

Of course, other than the arguments he has already given, I'm not sure myself.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Online Now