Return to “Kickstarter Campaign”

What stretch goal would you most like to see?

You may select 1 option

Post

Re: Stretch Goals Poll

#16
Tom wrote:As for my own comments, they were merely observations and not advice. I don't know you, and therefore I will interpret your post as being a friendly reply, your tone however seemed a touch abrasive.
I apologize. I know I should refrain from writing on the internet when I am tired and stressed out, but I keep doing it and ending up sounding a lot more aggressive and hostile than I am and feel.

That said, I think your comments were advice and not observations, since they were suggestions based on instinct rather than factual statements (nobody has the facts yet, since, as you yourself said, we do not have a meaningful data sample to draw any conclusion from). There's nothing wrong with advice based on instinct, though. ;)
Post

Re: Stretch Goals Poll

#18
They are all great options and picking from them is difficult, but I opted for cockpits as they are great for immersion in the game, but ANY of those options are worthy. :)
Geraldine ;)
Smile People, Space Sims Are Coming Back!
Happy Days Are Here Again :D
Keeping The Faith In Josh Since 2012 :)
Post

Re: Stretch Goals Poll

#19
I'd mention, too, that the best Kickstarter campaigns (and the most successful) lay out not just one stretch goal at a time but multiple ones, to give a roadmap of unlockable things for backers to aspire towards. I'd recommend most if not ALL of these be instituted somehow, but perhaps based on how many votes they receive!
Post

Re: Stretch Goals Poll

#20
Atarun wrote:
Tom wrote:As for my own comments, they were merely observations and not advice. I don't know you, and therefore I will interpret your post as being a friendly reply, your tone however seemed a touch abrasive.
I apologize. I know I should refrain from writing on the internet when I am tired and stressed out, but I keep doing it and ending up sounding a lot more aggressive and hostile than I am and feel.

That said, I think your comments were advice and not observations, since they were suggestions based on instinct rather than factual statements (nobody has the facts yet, since, as you yourself said, we do not have a meaningful data sample to draw any conclusion from). There's nothing wrong with advice based on instinct, though. ;)
No need to apologize.

I actually find the commitment and energy you bring to this project to be quite impressive!

As far as advice, at my age, I have learned that it is cheap and mostly useless and thus try to eschew it as a rule. My comments were driven by instinct yes, but also by observing the dynamic of a number of Kickstarter campaigns. Allow me to close by observing that vocal minorities often provide an infectious drive to fundraisers.

Cheers, Atarun, I hope you find some down time for stress relief. ;)
I know not what life is, nor death.
Year in year out-all but a dream.
Both Heaven and Hell are left behind;
I stand in the moonlit dawn,
Free from clouds of attachment.
Post

Re: Stretch Goals Poll

#21
Wouldn't leading/running a faction also potentially give one the ability to control planets or even star systems?
I know not what life is, nor death.
Year in year out-all but a dream.
Both Heaven and Hell are left behind;
I stand in the moonlit dawn,
Free from clouds of attachment.
Post

Re: Stretch Goals Poll

#24
Tom wrote:Wouldn't leading/running a faction also potentially give one the ability to control planets or even star systems?
-_- I mean...yes...they do sort of go hand-in-hand. But writing the code to create and manage a faction would not result in the code for owning and managing a planet already being written...so we'll need to keep them separate. Both are substantial pieces of code so....let's keep them separate for the sake of your developer's health! :)
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford
Post

Re: Stretch Goals Poll

#26
Planet Management is a fantastic idea.
Seamless landing of course is hopefully going to be in there too. :-)
Elite, Frontier Elite II, Frontier First Encounters, Elite Dangerous
Oolite, GLFrontier, FFED3D, Pioneer, Paragon
Wing Commander 1-6, Wing Commander Armada, Wing Commander Saga
Looking forward to the Limit Theory. It looks AMAZING.
Post

Re: Stretch Goals Poll

#28
JoshParnell wrote:
Jason Schupfer wrote:I voted for Procedural Music Generation because music is the one game making thing I am completely hopeless at and if there can be some kind of music creator one day that perhaps does not require skill in that area...

Also I would be impressed if you could create music procedurally that sounds decent as it is an art form.
http://joshparnell.com/blog/music-samples/

But that was 3+ years ago when I was but a young grasshopper. Extrapolating, I think I could do a lot better now... :)

Some really nice music you generated there and some of it would be appropriate for space sim and also for other games.

Currently I use http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/ for my royalty free music in my game as he just requires a mention in credits. Had you thought of offering up your generated music in a similar way ?
Post

Re: Stretch Goals Poll

#29
Jason Schupfer wrote: Some really nice music you generated there and some of it would be appropriate for space sim and also for other games.

Currently I use http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/ for my royalty free music in my game as he just requires a mention in credits. Had you thought of offering up your generated music in a similar way ?
Thanks! And no, I had not thought of that...I honestly would not think that it is of high enough quality to be of use to most people in the current state. But if I take another shot at it in the future and end up getting better results (which I suspect I would), I suspect I would release the tracks for royalty-free use.
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford
Post

Re: Stretch Goals Poll

#30
Mate all the very best wishes for the success of your KS project and the long term future of Limit Theory. The more I read and the more I absorb of your ideas and vision the better I feel about it an the more interesting it becomes.

Fun Ha!
Sorry, but your choice of avatar means I can't take anything you say seriously.

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron