Return to “Kickstarter Campaign”

What stretch goal would you most like to see?

You may select 1 option

Re: Stretch Goals Poll

Dadalos wrote:Docking Bays and Carriers: I require my Mothership. this is no longer open for discussion
Docking Bays and Carriers must win XS.
This exactly, get more basic content before even thinking about things like oculus rift.
Would also like to see inside of space stations as an important feature, and cockpits as well.

JoshParnell wrote:
Dadalos wrote:Docking Bays and Carriers: I require my Mothership. this is no longer open for discussion
Docking Bays and Carriers must win XS.
Well, you're winning so far! :D
haha dont get me wrong rift support will be nice and id love to walk around station interiors (also opens up other interiors options but thats another topic entirely) and wormholes might be useful feature to the game if it was expanded a bit more than it currently is but as far as this list is concerned Docking Bays and Carriers are a must have XD
If I've rambled and gone off topic im sorry but i tend to be long winded as you might notice if you stumble across my other post XD. thanks for reading.

Bele wrote:
Just_Ice_au wrote:Make-You-Go-Faster Circles!
Gets my vote.
I could go for this one too.

I'll throw out: T.R.A.D.R.S.
Totally
Ridiculously
Awesome
Distance
Reducing
Superhighways

(I know they don't really reduce distance, so what though :) )
Also Carriers gets my vote.

It was a tough choice between Carriers and Wormholes, but carriers got my vote. I personally hope we can get wromholes down the road at some point though, both "man made" and natural. It would add an interesting twist to the game. :D
Dubito ergo cogito, cogito ergo sum
(I doubt therefore I think, I think therefore I am)

Aarta wrote:It was a tough choice between Carriers and Wormholes, but carriers got my vote. I personally hope we can get wromholes down the
road at some point though, both "man made" and natural. It would add an interesting twist to the game. :D
It's probably one of the easiest to implement, so we may see it in the future regardless ;) Well, actually, pretty much the same could be said of any of these features, because I personally want to see them all implemented at some point. Gah. When to stop.
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

It never occurred to me that cockpits could be a stretch goal. I'm sorry, but how am I going to disengage from reality if I'm looking at my ship from a position that would render me dead? If anything, external views should be optional--they completely break the realism. Yes, I know it's just a game, but I was seriously considering devoting my life to it. Now I find I may be forced to continue living in this one, and it's a bit disappointing.

That's not really a fair poll.
Carriers are the only interesting gameplay element in it.
The WHG is a toy that cannot be used to help you achieve any particular goal.
Everything else is graphical fluff...

Not getting the "planetary ownership", either.
Maybe you have a fleet of 10 or 50 ships... and then one planet which represents the resources to build a thousand or a million ships.
And that's only one planet. How does that work with the scale of owning "some" ships?
Since ownership of a planet does not make you "a faction" - that's another stretch goal - it means the same as owning 200000 km³ of vacuum in an asteroid belt.
Last edited by Gazz on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.

My reasoning when choosing to vote for Docking bays and Carriers now:

Beautiful Planets don't really add that much for me until we have seamless landings (which will not be at launch).

Oculus Rift support while cool doesn't make much sense until we have cockpits added (the coolest feature of the Rift is to track your head movement as you turn around inside the cockpit imho). Cockpits are also not my primary wish since I prefer the RTS side of games a bit more.

Space station interiors or being able to make wormholes doesn't really interest me which leaves Carriers and Procedual music.

Given the fact that music is one area which is very easy to use extra money to buy or outsource and get good music anyways. I would prefer to vote for something that can't be in the game without Josh actually programming it and I think Carriers would be awesome! You will never have a real Battle-star, a real Star-destroyer or real X-Wing attack without Carriers!

I voted for Carriers (I had apparently just assumed they were already in but if not we need to get them in there!)
That said the Beautiful Planets one intrigues me. I'm not sure what's already being done, what will be added if the Beautiful Planets goal is hit, and what is simply beyond the scope of what can be implemented at all so I'll make a wish list and hope for insight in which of these categories those things belong.

From Space:
Visible rotation (surface features such as continents moving from light to dark side of planet)
Dynamic could systems on plants with clouds (clouds form and move differently from the movement noted above)
On habited planets lights on the dark side. (One should be able to get a basic idea of population density on a planet by the density of lights on the dark side)

Surface:
Can you actually fly around the surface when you go through the seam to a planet? I had just assumed that landing on planets meant that you'd go from space to a space port on a planet not actually be able to fly around. If you CAN fly around doesn't that open a HUGE can of worms? Wouldn't the flight model have to change? Do planets only have a single environment (forest planet, desert planet, jungle planet, etc.) or on appropriate planets can you fly from the frozen poles past forests and deserts to jungles at the equator??? What about day/night cycles, weather, heck even seasons. On inhabited planets are there cites, towns, roads, other air/spacecraft, etc.? I would think trying to simulate a planet would be a huge game in itself and well beyond the scope of this one (plus do inhabited planets really just let any joe with a spaceship fly all over their planets? Wouldn't traffic potentially be a nightmare and policing damn near impossible?

Online Now