Return to “Kickstarter Campaign”

What stretch goal would you most like to see?

You may select 1 option

Re: Stretch Goals Poll

I just increased my pledge. I suggest ya'll, who are able, do the same.

Josh, any chance of making a vote to reorder the stretch goals above 101K? :P
“The impact of space activities is nothing less than the galvanizing of hope and imagination for human life continuum into a future of infinite possibility.”

jawdan wrote:I just increased my pledge. I suggest ya'll, who are able, do the same.

I already pledged for a signed copy, so I can't go any higher if I want to, but I'm sure there are some people around who can upgrade their pledges to include the alpha or something like that ;)

Yeah, maybe re-order it so it goes:
$133K - Carriers
$167K - Faction Ownership
$200K - Planetary Ownership

Also, just curious, but why are those stretch goals set so far apart ($33K)? The first and last two are only set $25K apart. Not that I'm complaining or anything, it just seems odd.

NikoDG wrote:
jawdan wrote:I just increased my pledge. I suggest ya'll, who are able, do the same.

I already pledged for a signed copy, so I can't go any higher if I want to, but I'm sure there are some people around who can upgrade their pledges to include the alpha or something like that ;)

Yeah, maybe re-order it so it goes:
$133K - Carriers
$167K - Faction Ownership
$200K - Planetary Ownership

Also, just curious, but why are those stretch goals set so far apart ($33K)? The first and last two are only set $25K apart. Not that I'm complaining or anything, it just seems odd.
I think they're set up that way for developer sanity. I've seen Josh mention it somewhere but didn't commit it to hard memory. Haha :P

But yes, that would be how I would order it!!
“The impact of space activities is nothing less than the galvanizing of hope and imagination for human life continuum into a future of infinite possibility.”

I would also rank carriers first, followed by factions and then planetary ownership. Honestly, I don't care about planetary ownership at all. Carriers are first for the amoutn of flexibility they give you, and factions are awesome because while leading an army is cool, leading a faction is cool^2.
I am 42.

Kayse wrote:I would also rank carriers first, followed by factions and then planetary ownership. Honestly, I don't care about planetary ownership at all. Carriers are first for the amoutn of flexibility they give you, and factions are awesome because while leading an army is cool, leading a faction is cool^2.
Yeah, planets are basically just glorified stations, and since we have a station customizer and can own stations I don't really see owning planet as being all that important. It'd be nice for sure, but carriers are a much more substantial gameplay element.

NikoDG wrote:
Kayse wrote:I would also rank carriers first, followed by factions and then planetary ownership. Honestly, I don't care about planetary ownership at all. Carriers are first for the amoutn of flexibility they give you, and factions are awesome because while leading an army is cool, leading a faction is cool^2.
Yeah, planets are basically just glorified stations, and since we have a station customizer and can own stations I don't really see owning planet as being all that important. It'd be nice for sure, but carriers are a much more substantial gameplay element.
While you may be right in regards of carriers being more 'fun' for some people, there's still the fact that things were promised in certain order. Changing some of that up now, this close to the end of the campaign may make others feel cheated that they're not getting what they originally pledged for (if they pledged because of the owning planets).
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:Changing some of that up now, this close to the end of the campaign may make others feel cheated that they're not getting what they originally pledged for (if they pledged because of the owning planets).
The campaign isn't over and there are updates for that sort of thing. That these campaigns are dynamic shouldn't surprise anyone.

With one or two campaigns I followed for a while, then withdrew my pledge when they evolved into a direction I didn't agree with. The latest (Elite:Dangerous) I remember because it was quite recently.

When asking for people's money, you take a look at what features interest the most, then concentrate on those. With ED, they don't stop talking about how great multiplayer will be in all things so it's clear what target audience they picked. Alas, I'm not part of it so *shrug*.
With LT, I'll just have to decide when it's closer to the end of the campaign. It's a moot point when it breaks 200k anyway.
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.

Just a question, If you enter a wormhole will it be instant, like you go in and come out the other end. Or will you be able to like move around it?

You could almost have it that the wormhole has dangerous currents and you must navigate your way through.
Limit Theory - The most beast looking Space Sim.

Online Now