Return to “Kickstarter Campaign”

What stretch goal would you most like to see?

You may select 1 option

Re: Stretch Goals Poll

Dadalos wrote:
Outlancer wrote:wormholes, those mysterious portals to unknown reaches, o i would love wormhole generators
i would love them a bit more if you could (say by building another gate/generator....thing (2x the cost of just building a door and falling out the exit) i would love to love wormholes but unless we had the ability to controll the linking between them i just cant. now discovering wormholes that formed naturaly would be cool. but to invest in creating a door that could literally drop you 2-3 planets away dosent sound like a solid investment.

for me the best case senerio would be something along the lines of.
1.you can find natural wormholes in space as you fly. (sensors some kind of graphic or other distortion)
2.you can make your own gateways and link them but doing so is explicitly expensive.
I like both the random wormhole and the planned wormhole. Planned could require a ship be present in both systems and so would be useful for making shortcuts. Then the random would be useful for exploration.

Flendon wrote:I like both the random wormhole and the planned wormhole. Planned could require a ship be present in both systems and so would be useful for making shortcuts. Then the random would be useful for exploration.
happy to see we agree. XD
If I've rambled and gone off topic im sorry but i tend to be long winded as you might notice if you stumble across my other post XD. thanks for reading.

JoshParnell wrote:
TMRNetShark wrote:Okay, who saw the trade lanes... Josh? You are basically making Freelancer 2.

Thank you, good sir. You are doing the world a great service. :)
Shhhh, I don't want to get sued ;) ..they are called "acceleration gates" ...and Freelancer!? Never heard of it. What's that? Some website where you get a job??
Not to burst your bubble, but aren't they called "acceleration gates" in EVE Online? ;)

Just teasing, game looks great!!

Free wrote:Not to burst your bubble, but aren't they called "acceleration gates" in EVE Online? ;)

Yep, but that's the absolute reasonable thing to call them, you definitely couldn't sue someone over that! "Trade lanes," on the other hand, is, IMO, a brilliant and original name that is very non-obvious. I mean, the things are gates that accelerate, so acceleration gates is pretty much a no-brainer. But "trade lane"...man...such a good name...I wish I had thought of it first -_-
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

JoshParnell wrote:
Free wrote:Not to burst your bubble, but aren't they called "acceleration gates" in EVE Online? ;)

Yep, but that's the absolute reasonable thing to call them, you definitely couldn't sue someone over that! "Trade lanes," on the other hand, is, IMO, a brilliant and original name that is very non-obvious. I mean, the things are gates that accelerate, so acceleration gates is pretty much a no-brainer. But "trade lane"...man...such a good name...I wish I had thought of it first -_-
Seems like a pretty standard mashup of the common (nautical) shipping terms "Trade Route" and "Shipping Lane". Not bad, but not exactly simulated rocket science. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trade_route

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_lane
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."

Docking Bays and Carriers: I require my Mothership. this is no longer open for discussion
Docking Bays and Carriers must win XS.
If I've rambled and gone off topic im sorry but i tend to be long winded as you might notice if you stumble across my other post XD. thanks for reading.

Online Now