Stretch Goals Poll

What are your thoughts and suggestions on the Kickstarter campaign?

What stretch goal would you most like to see?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: Stretch Goals Poll

Postby jawdan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:14 pm

I just increased my pledge. I suggest ya'll, who are able, do the same.

Josh, any chance of making a vote to reorder the stretch goals above 101K? :P
“The impact of space activities is nothing less than the galvanizing of hope and imagination for human life continuum into a future of infinite possibility.”
jawdan
Commander

Postby NikoDG » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:23 am

jawdan wrote:I just increased my pledge. I suggest ya'll, who are able, do the same.

I already pledged for a signed copy, so I can't go any higher if I want to, but I'm sure there are some people around who can upgrade their pledges to include the alpha or something like that ;)

Yeah, maybe re-order it so it goes:
$133K - Carriers
$167K - Faction Ownership
$200K - Planetary Ownership

Also, just curious, but why are those stretch goals set so far apart ($33K)? The first and last two are only set $25K apart. Not that I'm complaining or anything, it just seems odd.
NikoDG
Lieutenant

Postby jawdan » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:05 am

NikoDG wrote:
jawdan wrote:I just increased my pledge. I suggest ya'll, who are able, do the same.

I already pledged for a signed copy, so I can't go any higher if I want to, but I'm sure there are some people around who can upgrade their pledges to include the alpha or something like that ;)

Yeah, maybe re-order it so it goes:
$133K - Carriers
$167K - Faction Ownership
$200K - Planetary Ownership

Also, just curious, but why are those stretch goals set so far apart ($33K)? The first and last two are only set $25K apart. Not that I'm complaining or anything, it just seems odd.

I think they're set up that way for developer sanity. I've seen Josh mention it somewhere but didn't commit it to hard memory. Haha :P

But yes, that would be how I would order it!!
“The impact of space activities is nothing less than the galvanizing of hope and imagination for human life continuum into a future of infinite possibility.”
jawdan
Commander

Postby Kayse » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:34 am

I would also rank carriers first, followed by factions and then planetary ownership. Honestly, I don't care about planetary ownership at all. Carriers are first for the amoutn of flexibility they give you, and factions are awesome because while leading an army is cool, leading a faction is cool^2.
I am 42.
Kayse
Lieutenant

Postby NikoDG » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:47 pm

Kayse wrote:I would also rank carriers first, followed by factions and then planetary ownership. Honestly, I don't care about planetary ownership at all. Carriers are first for the amoutn of flexibility they give you, and factions are awesome because while leading an army is cool, leading a faction is cool^2.

Yeah, planets are basically just glorified stations, and since we have a station customizer and can own stations I don't really see owning planet as being all that important. It'd be nice for sure, but carriers are a much more substantial gameplay element.
NikoDG
Lieutenant

Postby DWMagus » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:52 am

NikoDG wrote:
Kayse wrote:I would also rank carriers first, followed by factions and then planetary ownership. Honestly, I don't care about planetary ownership at all. Carriers are first for the amoutn of flexibility they give you, and factions are awesome because while leading an army is cool, leading a faction is cool^2.

Yeah, planets are basically just glorified stations, and since we have a station customizer and can own stations I don't really see owning planet as being all that important. It'd be nice for sure, but carriers are a much more substantial gameplay element.

While you may be right in regards of carriers being more 'fun' for some people, there's still the fact that things were promised in certain order. Changing some of that up now, this close to the end of the campaign may make others feel cheated that they're not getting what they originally pledged for (if they pledged because of the owning planets).
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.
DWMagus

Postby Gazz » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:43 pm

DWMagus wrote:Changing some of that up now, this close to the end of the campaign may make others feel cheated that they're not getting what they originally pledged for (if they pledged because of the owning planets).

The campaign isn't over and there are updates for that sort of thing. That these campaigns are dynamic shouldn't surprise anyone.

With one or two campaigns I followed for a while, then withdrew my pledge when they evolved into a direction I didn't agree with. The latest (Elite:Dangerous) I remember because it was quite recently.

When asking for people's money, you take a look at what features interest the most, then concentrate on those. With ED, they don't stop talking about how great multiplayer will be in all things so it's clear what target audience they picked. Alas, I'm not part of it so *shrug*.
With LT, I'll just have to decide when it's closer to the end of the campaign. It's a moot point when it breaks 200k anyway.
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.
Gazz

Postby TMRNetShark » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:06 am

Almost to 167K... But lets be realistic... even if we don't hit 200k... your still gonna put carriers in the game eventually... right? XD
TMRNetShark
Ensign

Postby matthewfarmery » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:17 am

awesome we are going to hit fraction ownership, this is frelling awesome

pretty please that we hit 200k as well? even more icing on the cake, that would be
matthewfarmery
Lieutenant Commander

Postby NikoDG » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:32 pm

Hey Josh, no new vote for $225K? Not much hope we'll make it that far? :P
NikoDG
Lieutenant

Postby JoshParnell » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:35 pm

Not much hope we'll make it that far, and if we do, I figured I would just take the secondary winner (looks like "wormhole generator"). Seem reasonably fair?
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford
JoshParnell
Developer

Postby NikoDG » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:38 pm

Wormholes are fun. There are natural wormholes even if we don't get the generator, right?
NikoDG
Lieutenant

Postby JoshParnell » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:43 pm

NikoDG wrote:Wormholes are fun. There are natural wormholes even if we don't get the generator, right?

Correct!
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford
JoshParnell
Developer

Postby Masterofjumping » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:08 pm

Just a question, If you enter a wormhole will it be instant, like you go in and come out the other end. Or will you be able to like move around it?

You could almost have it that the wormhole has dangerous currents and you must navigate your way through.
Limit Theory - The most beast looking Space Sim.
Masterofjumping
Ensign

Postby Nephos » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:02 am

167k was reached...
My galactic domination will soon begin... fuhuhuhuhuhu.
I didn't steal the cookies. Seriously.
Nephos
Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to Kickstarter Campaign