Return to “Kickstarter Campaign”

A Way for Non-backers to Keep Up With the Game

I am fascinated with limit.theory, but for well and sufficient personal reasons do not desire to back it on Kickstarter. However, I would very much like to be informed of updates on the game, a la a newsletter. I've yet to find any such thing on either the forum or the Kickstarter campaign, and would very much like to request this so that I might preorder or purchase a copy in the future, rather than thinking "wow, that's a cool idea" and then going on with my life and forgetting about it for now and ever. Might there be any chance we could get one in the future, mayhap a stripped down version of backer updates on KS?
All I know is that I know nothing.
Re: A Way for Non-backers to Keep Up With the Game

Good idea, I'll consider it...in the mean time, I'm going to start doing a better job with the "Announcements" section on the forum, and that will probably be the best place for dev updates! I mean, along with twitter, the blog (limittheory.blogspot.com) and the website (although the website front page will just be for big updates).

So yeah, keep checking the forums every now and again, and maybe the blog as well!
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Burningfeetman wrote:Facebook feed has been keeping me in the Limit Theory update loop. I just wish I knew about LT on Kickstarter back in the day, as I would have backed it in a heart beat. The biggest problem with Kickstarter is that it's a "now and then" website, in that I only check it now and then. :(
You are always welcome here Burningfeetman. :wave: The conversation in these forums is usually rich and informative. :wave:

and often, quite humorous. :)

Hello all,

I have been following this game sporadically since I initially heard about in in 3rd quarter 2013. I have followed LT on Twitter (Thanks for that link BTW) and posted a Tweet this afternoon (3/26/2014) asking how a man with little disposable income and a family could help contribute to the game development. I believe a $1 is a bit useless and monthly installments are not really up my alley. What is an amount that would actually provide some benefit without exceeding the expect release price? In other words, besides sharing on the internet via Twitter (I despise FB so that's a no-go for me) and YouTube what is a monetary amount that would sufficiently help without burdening someone like myself? I feel an overall pledge of $15 would help but I would like some real feedback from the Devs. What would help you, and what kind of help can someone in my position provide that would actually be of some benefit? (Besides the aforementioned ways listed above)

JustinMcG67 wrote:Hello all,

I have been following this game sporadically since I initially heard about in in 3rd quarter 2013. I have followed LT on Twitter (Thanks for that link BTW) and posted a Tweet this afternoon (3/26/2014) asking how a man with little disposable income and a family could help contribute to the game development. I believe a $1 is a bit useless and monthly installments are not really up my alley. What is an amount that would actually provide some benefit without exceeding the expect release price? In other words, besides sharing on the internet via Twitter (I despise FB so that's a no-go for me) and YouTube what is a monetary amount that would sufficiently help without burdening someone like myself? I feel an overall pledge of $15 would help but I would like some real feedback from the Devs. What would help you, and what kind of help can someone in my position provide that would actually be of some benefit? (Besides the aforementioned ways listed above)
First off, welcome to the forums! :wave:

Next, unfortunately, Josh is not accepting any more donations/pledges/money-being-tossed-at-monitors. The best form of help would be what you already are doing; spreading the word. You can also stick around and contribute to the discussion here. Afterall, we all want the best game possible and there's a lot (quite the understatement) to take in and discuss.

Hope this helps.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:
JustinMcG67 wrote:Hello all,

First off, welcome to the forums! :wave:

Next, unfortunately, Josh is not accepting any more donations/pledges/money-being-tossed-at-monitors. The best form of help would be what you already are doing; spreading the word. You can also stick around and contribute to the discussion here. Afterall, we all want the best game possible and there's a lot (quite the understatement) to take in and discuss.

Hope this helps.
While disappointing it is an honorable thing to end the donations/charity at some point. I do commend him/the devs for that. :clap: While my social circle is realistic (small) I do try to promote the game when I can e.g share each monthly update etc. Is there anything more that the community can do besides promotion? There is a plethora of information about the game in these forums and while I have digested a lot of it there is even more that I have not. That being said is there an Alpha or Beta test expected in the foreseeable future? If so, and I know Steam has been discussed from what I read, although I did not see an Alpha/Early Game Access mentioned, is this something that him/the team plan on doing? Most every game I support I will 9/10 times get an early access to help the devs out. (Especially if it is on Steam)

Thanks for the help/guidance. :thumbup:

Online Now