Return to “Kickstarter Campaign”

Re: A Way for Non-backers to Keep Up With the Game

JustinMcG67 wrote: While disappointing it is an honorable thing to end the donations/charity at some point. I do commend him/the devs for that. :clap: While my social circle is realistic (small) I do try to promote the game when I can e.g share each monthly update etc. Is there anything more that the community can do besides promotion? There is a plethora of information about the game in these forums and while I have digested a lot of it there is even more that I have not. That being said is there an Alpha or Beta test expected in the foreseeable future? If so, and I know Steam has been discussed from what I read, although I did not see an Alpha/Early Game Access mentioned, is this something that him/the team plan on doing? Most every game I support I will 9/10 times get an early access to help the devs out. (Especially if it is on Steam)

Thanks for the help/guidance. :thumbup:
early access is not planned for non-backers, a few (~1700?) people do have beta access, but this will take a while until beta comes out.
early access on steam was suggested a few times and rejected every time, as it waters down the anticipation for the game.
it would also give the first impression of an very unfinished looking game, even though it could be at 85% completeness, due to the procedural and emergent nature of the game.

you can contribute by joining the discussions in the forums, suggest new things in the suggestion forum, discuss already proposed things, etc.
just get a few more FLOP in the mental community computer capacity :)

JoshParnell wrote:Good idea, I'll consider it...in the mean time, I'm going to start doing a better job with the "Announcements" section on the forum, and that will probably be the best place for dev updates! I mean, along with twitter, the blog (limittheory.blogspot.com) and the website (although the website front page will just be for big updates).

So yeah, keep checking the forums every now and again, and maybe the blog as well!
One thing you could do was whenever you do your dev logs, post three screenshots of recent developments in LT. They can be from anywhere in the game; even if its a ship just facing an asteroid: "this is me and the asteroid,"

pic2: "this is when I bought my first station by gaming the new economics."

pic3: "this is where I ignited a massive war over a silly order I made to two factions for a particular material, hehehe."

And/or just one pic. Pics help!

Just to summarize how remarkable the service is for anyone interested in Limit Theory updates (especially since it all comes from the same source):

unique update feeds
Kickstarter [Youtube videos]
Blogspot [pics!] [no recent updates]
RSS feed for Dev Logs board [daily update]
Josh's personal blog [pics again!]

derivative feeds
Website home [derivative of Kickstarter page]
Youtube [not derivative but covered on Kickstarter]
RRS feed for Announcements board [mostly but not fully derivative of Kickstarter] [RSS feed impractical for updates due to reply inclusion]

Social media
LT Facebook
LT Twitter
Josh's Twitter

Andarra wrote:Pics help!
blog had pics whereas dev log was meant for quick and easy progress report. But I do miss the pics as well.

Andarra wrote:
JoshParnell wrote:Good idea, I'll consider it...in the mean time, I'm going to start doing a better job with the "Announcements" section on the forum, and that will probably be the best place for dev updates! I mean, along with twitter, the blog (limittheory.blogspot.com) and the website (although the website front page will just be for big updates).

So yeah, keep checking the forums every now and again, and maybe the blog as well!
One thing you could do was whenever you do your dev logs, post three screenshots of recent developments in LT. They can be from anywhere in the game; even if its a ship just facing an asteroid: "this is me and the asteroid,"

pic3: "this is where I ignited a massive war over a silly order I made to two factions for a particular material, hehehe."

+1
My Signature

Zanteogo wrote:
Andarra wrote:

+1
No.

Online Now