Return to “Kickstarter Campaign”

Re: How much do you need for multiplayer?

hmmm I wonder if there is a way for you to outsource its production / creation....

Maybe if you get enough money you can pay a team to design the multiplayer aspect / system of the game - just a thought.

No pressure, you are doing a great job and I know as the success grows it gets harder and harder to keep up with everything (particularly communication).

AussieMark wrote:hmmm I wonder if there is a way for you to outsource its production / creation....

Maybe if you get enough money you can pay a team to design the multiplayer aspect / system of the game - just a thought.

No pressure, you are doing a great job and I know as the success grows it gets harder and harder to keep up with everything (particularly communication).
As stated in a number of places by now, the way the game engine is made does not support multiplayer of any kinds. Josh would have to redo the game from scratch for multiplayer.
I do secretly hope that he would let someone turn the combat prototype into an arena style multiplayer stand-alone.
FAQ | Kickstarter | IRC | Common Suggestions

i would suggest a temp ban(mute) on the next batch of people who suggest multiplayer as its clearly stated as not being a feature (at least for LT1 perhaps it could be worked into LT2 when a new game is built and it could be worked into the system from the start)

that being said the last suggestion about making part of the combat simulator be multiplayer (might be doable) as its a standalone project that might be easier to work with. but id much rather see the actual meal be worked on rather than the side dishes.
If I've rambled and gone off topic im sorry but i tend to be long winded as you might notice if you stumble across my other post XD. thanks for reading.

Dadalos wrote:i would suggest a temp ban(mute) on the next batch of people who suggest multiplayer as its clearly stated as not being a feature (at least for LT1 perhaps it could be worked into LT2 when a new game is built and it could be worked into the system from the start)

that being said the last suggestion about making part of the combat simulator be multiplayer (might be doable) as its a standalone project that might be easier to work with. but id much rather see the actual meal be worked on rather than the side dishes.
Hmm maybe have a read of the kickstarter page? The developer mentions it there as a possibility (front page)

AussieMark wrote:Hmm maybe have a read of the kickstarter page? The developer mentions it there as a possibility (front page)
*blush* TBH I dont get a chance to see the kickstarter page that much because i speed my free time here XD.
If I've rambled and gone off topic im sorry but i tend to be long winded as you might notice if you stumble across my other post XD. thanks for reading.

Dadalos wrote:i would suggest a temp ban(mute) on the next batch of people who suggest multiplayer as its clearly stated as not being a feature (at least for LT1 perhaps it could be worked into LT2 when a new game is built and it could be worked into the system from the start)

I don't know if banning would be right. Sure it will probably be the most asked question but its also a huge feature in games now a days.
A lot of people will just over look a game with out multiplayer.
Even if you put everywhere that it wont have it people will still ask.

Yup.. nothing wrong with asking.. nothing wrong with making it known that you support one thing or another. It may not be possible to do it but at least Josh will know there is an interest in it. Of course there is an interest in MP.. that is obvious for just about every game ever made within the last 10 years or so.. doesn't mean it has to have it to be insanely successful. Look at Skyrim.. yes they are now making an entirely new game for a Skyrim MMO but first there was the other Elder Scrolls games and Skyrim being very current, still was insanely popular without MP.

Miner Wars 2081 is a good example of this as well. They have created a SP experience first, then added MP in the form of co-op and in 6 months or so are going to be releasing another title which is the MMO version of the same universe. First Josh needs to get the core game done and get everything nice and polished and continue to support the game etc.. once things settle down, then maybe he can look at LT2 with a multiplayer focus, using all the things he learned from the development of LT1.

If you wanted to have an entire new team of people to do it in parallel then consider that the release will be pushed out by at least another year and would blow the budget up to 4 or 5 times, at least.. like half a million. The way these small devs get away with doing it for such a low cost is that there is only 1 or 2 people working in very low-cost conditions.. anything more than that and you have to start looking at contracts and legal fees and making sure you are paying people minimum wage and all that nonsense. If you keep things small, big things can happen for small amounts of resources.

I realize I am new to these forums, however I would also like to voice that some form of Co-Op would be nice. In the sense that if we can already play in the same universe it would be nice to be able to fly along side my friend whether it be over LAN or a Hamachi connection. Would make for some great immersion and the ability to work together/ against each other.

Over all, I would have to say that is my personal favorite future feature.

Kez

Online Now