Return to “Technical”

Welder Language

Hello People of the internet!
It has been aware to me that Josh had created a language for procedural Geometry, I would like to know if this will ever be released to the public as a library or an independent language using its own SDK and IDE?

~Sly
IVE BEEN OUT OF MY MIND A LONG TIME
Re: Welder Language

Slymodi wrote:Hello People of the internet!
It has been aware to me that Josh had created a language for procedural Geometry, I would like to know if this will ever be released to the public as a library or an independent language using its own SDK and IDE?

~Sly
Hey Sly, sorry, unfortunately not very likely. Welder was not created with the public in mind, just me and my desired to do make some cool geometry for my class :) As such, it is not written the way a real library would be written, and is tightly integrated into the pathtracer code.

However, maybe someday I will revisit that realm! If I do, I'm sure I could do better than welder now, and I would make any future work that I do in it available to the public.

Sorry!
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford
Re: Welder Language

JoshParnell wrote:
Slymodi wrote:Hello People of the internet!

~Sly
Hey Sly, sorry, unfortunately not very likely. Welder was not created with the public in mind, just me and my desired to do make some cool geometry for my class :) As such, it is not written the way a real library would be written, and is tightly integrated into the pathtracer code.

However, maybe someday I will revisit that realm! If I do, I'm sure I could do better than welder now, and I would make any future work that I do in it available to the public.

Sorry!
Hello Josh!
Thank you for replying and answering my questions, just one more question, I am into programming and know enough about 3d graphics and would like to learn about how procedural algorithms work and how they create meshes if there are any good websites that you have refered to it would be appreciated if you could put those down!

~Sly
IVE BEEN OUT OF MY MIND A LONG TIME

Online Now