Return to “Technical”

Re: Modding Without Using LTSL?

Victor Tombs wrote:Not strictly on-topic (you know me by now) but I'm really hoping that there won't be much modding necessary with or without LTSL when LT goes on sale. I am well aware it won't be feature complete on release. While some of you see the project as an engine to do something else with I suspect to many of us it is a game first and foremost. :D

I don't want to let Josh off the hook by allowing him to fall into the way of thinking that someone else will come along and do any extra work required. I want to play the official authorised Josh Parnell version of the game before exploring other options. I'd even be prepared to pay for official DLC if the coding warrior comes up with some brilliant new ideas that he would like to implement in the vanilla version of the game. :D

:shifty: Josh Parnell Official Cockpits DLC would see me reaching for my credit card in the twinkling of an eye. :thumbup:
This sums up my thoughts pretty well. Anything that allows me to do what I need without digging into code is always a good thing. Although, I must admit, I'm more of a coder than a modder. Here's hoping for pipes and sockets! :D
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote: Although, I must admit, I'm more of a coder than a modder. Here's hoping for pipes and sockets! :D
The lines blur quite a bit when even the models are "code".

"Josh Parnell Official Cockpits DLC" could just be a selection of dummy HUD elements that you can use to place struts, fake instruments, or fluffy dice onto your screen.
(Fluffy Dice DLC would probably be sold separately, though)
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.

If this species ever conquer something beyond the rock where it lives it is really unlikely that our vehicles will be operated like jets and carriers of the here and now. That being said...

-Cockpits fulfills their purpose fine. They sort of give the task at hand some context and immersion. Something that an innocuous environment (like all the data implanted from the drones directly in the brains of the "pilots" on board of the capital ship) would achieve.

-But in the event of needing an actual human being in the space fighter at all I personally never would take a standard cockpit as environment. I would go for the virtual cockpit, with few physical instruments. Like the cockpits on some mechas in Macross, for example.
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

Online Now