Return to “Technical”

Re: Procedural planets

Cornflakes_91 wrote:I knew that the outerra guys were good, but this gave me a bit more insight on how good they are^^

And this actually reads like it could be retrofitted to the already existing planet texture generator in LT....
At about the horizontal rock displacement bit my line of thought was exactly this.

edit: No doubt the Rodina guy has got hold of this and is even more intensely interested. :)

edit 2: Those shore waves are absoflippin' gorgeous! (Reminds me of my paddle boarding fun times a few weeks back-- boarding on flat waters is for wimps :P)
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

OK. Now I know what we have to do. Listen carefully because I'm going to say it only once.
  • 1 - Squad people, stop making Kerbal Space Program and give it to the Star Citizen guys.
    2 - Cloud Imperium guys, stop making Star Citizen and start making Kerbal Space Program inteed.
    3 - Outerra guys, stop! Stop making whatever you are doing and give this technology to the Star Citizen guys so they can make KSP.
    4 - Global peace. (I know that it seems unrelated but we need to archive global peace in order to have time to play the new real-scaled KSP.)
Now, in a serious note, I'm thrilled and a little depressed at the same time. That's going to be something very hard to beat. Exciting times ahead in game development, that's for sure.
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

Etsu wrote:OK. Now I know what we have to do. Listen carefully because I'm going to say it only once.
:lol: :lol: I'm sorry, Etsu, but the imagery supplied by that line was enough for me to lose my concentration. I now have a picture of our man from Uruguay dressed as a women working for the Gaullist French Resistance. I'll come back when I've stopped laughing. Sorry!

Online Now