Return to “Technical”

Re: Automatic Modeling

It looks cool, but very inefficient... maybe LT 2? :P I bet it would take a really long time to integrate. The ship thing at the end looks ultimately cool, though, and I bet Mr. Parnell could manage to fit in a simpler version, perhaps utilizing player/universe-stored models. On the other hand, a lot of the other stuff they showed at the end didn't look that great at all...
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:It looks cool, but very inefficient... maybe LT 2? :P I bet it would take a really long time to integrate. The ship thing at the end looks ultimately cool, though, and I bet Mr. Parnell could manage to fit in a simpler version, perhaps utilizing player/universe-stored models. On the other hand, a lot of the other stuff they showed at the end didn't look that great at all...
well, i was more thinking of the basic idea/method than the specific results they showed.

IF implemented in LT it could be used for factional theming for example.
create 1 factioned "template" ship and then modulate specific ship types atop this template using this method

Now that's a good idea. I really like it - it'd make theming ships a lot simpler, I'd bet. I've been hoping faction ships could be "themed" - creating a random model and mixing it with the "standard" would be pretty cool. Especially if you could weight it not only for that faction, but also for the race, planet, system, universe, etc. Doing that would give you slightly different ships every universe, so you'd never run out of things to see.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Wow. Just wow, that video was simply amazing. Using 2 models to create many - if not infinitely many models - based on it, is so cool! I especially like the feature that you can save a generated model, and use that to create another model, it's like evolution for models. This would work well with ThymineC's post here.
Brian makes Art! Check out http://bk-creations.deviantart.com/ for more information! Suggestions are appreciated!

In Josh we trust.

Online Now