Return to “Technical”

Specular Aliasing

I read in the last dev log that Josh had some issues with specular aliasing, I may have something to help.

I've just finished a traineeship in realtime 3D graphics and I actualy used a technique that got rid of the specular aliasing on small and distant objects.

Here's a link to the original paper : http://www.csee.umbc.edu/~olano/papers/lean/

I don't know what shading model you are using, but it's not that hard to implement on your ligthing and it's really efficient.

I hope it can help, Terah.

PS : It's my first post, i really wanted to share with you this paper so I created a account.
Also I apologize for my poor English, it's not my native language (I'm French).

PS2 : Not sure if I posted on the right place, but I couldn't find better.
Re: Specular Aliasing

Yeah, another french !
Bienvenue sur le forum !
Didn't understood anything about this LEAN thing though, I guess I wasn't the target for this kind of documents :) I'm sure it's awesome !
Please forgive my English mistakes, and don't forget :
"We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents." - Bob Ross

Welcome to the LT forums, Terah. :wave:

If you ever feel the need to post anything of a technical nature which you consider would, or might be, helpful to the project, just go ahead. Josh doesn't miss much on the forums, so even if you don't get a reply from him it doesn't mean he hasn't read your post. :angel:
Echo wrote:Didn't understood anything about this LEAN thing though, I guess I wasn't the target for this kind of documents :) I'm sure it's awesome !
My sentiments exactly, Echo. :thumbup:

Victor Tombs wrote: If you ever feel the need to post anything of a technical nature which you consider would, or might be, helpful to the project, just go ahead. Josh doesn't miss much on the forums, so even if you don't get a reply from him it doesn't mean he hasn't read your post. :angel:
I will, thank you for the welcome =)

Online Now