Return to “Technical”

Questions about ingame content & developing

In which state is the game currently?
Is this game really developed by one guy?
How much detail will there be in the ships?

How is the universe divided?
Are there galaxys, sectors and is there any way to jump into other sectors using an hyperdrive or something like that?

How many ships, weapons and rockets will there be?
Can you own all types of ships and also control them?
Do the ships all have shields and will these shields protect the whole ship?
As far as i understand everything is procedural generated but will there be an fixed number of ships, weapons ... ?

How does the trade and traffic looks like. Are their or will there be big cargo ships and how many wares will there be?
How detailled will the trade and mining be? Can i see drones mining?

and for me an very important aspect: Can i build my own stations and my own ships in an shipyard or something?
How many types of ships will there be and which type of stations?

Currently it also seems like there is no way to buy this game.
I know that this is still be developed but why i can't back for this? ;)

Thanks in Advance for the answers and sorry for my english. :mrgreen:

Does not belong to the topic:
EDIT: One additional thing: The Wallpaper sections is really small. Are their FULL-HD Wallpapers of an asteroid-belt or an cool ship?
Last edited by Proton on Tue May 20, 2014 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Questions about ingame content & developing

In which state is the game currently?
hopefully done this summer

Is this game really developed by one guy?
yep that's our Josh, well ok he did have some help with the music

How much detail will there be in the ships?
lots, ship models are still a work in progress

How is the universe divided?
by solar system

Are there galaxys, sectors and is there any way to jump into other sectors using an hyperdrive or something like that?
jump gates betwen solar systems

How many ships, weapons and rockets will there be?
all content is procedural, so basicly unlimited

Can you own all types of ships and also control them?
as many as you can make

Do the ships all have shields and will these shields protect the whole ship?
yep

As far as i understand everything is procedural generated but will there be an fixed number of ships, weapons ... ?
Each hull has a fixed number of hardpoints *fixed

How does the trade and traffic looks like.
Ships flying to planets and space stations

Are their or will there be big cargo ships and how many wares will there be?
yes and proceduraly unlimited

How detailled will the trade and mining be? Can i see drones ming?
Very and yes

and for me an very important aspect: Can i build my own stations and my own ships in an shipyard or something?
yes

How many types of ships will there be and which type of stations?
procedural and unlimited

Currently it also seems like there is no way to buy this game.
you missed the kickstarter campain, you will have to wait like everyone ealse

I know that this is still be developed but why i can't back for this? ;)
you missed the kickstarter campain. So no ... Josh has enough money

Thanks in Advance for the Answers and sorry for my english. :mrgreen:
english is fine

Does not belong to the topic:
EDIT: One additional thing: The Wallpaper sections is really small. Arr their FULL-HD Wallpapers of an asteroid-belt or an cool ship?
check this weeks topic about astroid belts
Last edited by N810 on Tue May 20, 2014 11:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
"A sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
- Arthur C. Clarke

N810 wrote: Does not belong to the topic:
EDIT: One additional thing: The Wallpaper sections is really small. Arr their FULL-HD Wallpapers of an asteroid-belt or an cool ship?
check this weeks topic about astroid belts
He means this picture from this topic.
Spoiler:      SHOW
N810 wrote:As far as i understand everything is procedural generated but will there be an fixed number of ships, weapons ... ?
the hull has a fixed number of hardpoints and cargo space
The amount of weapons you can mount on a ship will be limited (duh) but the amount of weapons that are in existence will be virtually (up to the technical limits of your computer)

I think N810 covered the rest of the questions pretty good :)

EDIT: Welcome to the forums, squirrels for you :squirrel: :D

EDIT2:
N810 wrote:I know that this is still be developed but why i can't back for this? ;)
you missed the kickstarter campain, so no Josh has enough money
Also, I recommend you to read the Game FAQ.
Last edited by Cha0zz on Tue May 20, 2014 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

What? I suggested to Josh that cargospace isn't hardcapped but depends on power allocation to the cargo module/cargobay, since it's clearly using some matter compression technology. He seemed enthusiastic about the idea as did others.

To be fair I wasn't the first to give him that idea. Apparently someone had given him that idea in the Youtube comments.

ThymineC wrote:
What? I suggested to Josh that cargospace isn't hardcapped but depends on power allocation to the cargo module/cargobay, since it's clearly using some matter compression technology. He seemed enthusiastic about the idea as did others.

To be fair I wasn't the first to give him that idea. Apparently someone had given him that idea in the Youtube comments.
I think he means mount point for weapons and stuff, not cargo space.
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Cha0zz wrote:
ThymineC wrote:

I think he means mount point for weapons and stuff, not cargo space.
Who did? N810 is explicitly wrote cargospace here, and I was explicitly talking about cargospace in the other thread.

First off, welcome to the forums! :wave:

Since it seems you're new to this game in general, in order to get a concept of the game, try checking out the old Kickstarter. While it may be old, a lot of the information is still relevant as well. Please keep in mind things have improved much, but this can give you the answer to most of your questions.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

ThymineC wrote: I think he means mount point for weapons and stuff, not cargo space.
Who did? N810 is explicitly wrote cargospace here, and I was explicitly talking about cargospace in the other thread.
My bad, I didn't think that cargo compression made it into the game. :wtf:
"A sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
- Arthur C. Clarke

N810 wrote: My bad, I didn't think that cargo compression made it into the game. :wtf:
it isnt confirmed, thymine is just overrating joshs response to his ideas
(i did not even find an official response....)

thymine: he just said that cargo will be mass based and that there will be some kind of medium hard limit, nothing to do with your afterwards added suggestion

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
N810 wrote: My bad, I didn't think that cargo compression made it into the game. :wtf:
it isnt confirmed, thymine is just overrating joshs response to his ideas
(i did not even find an official response....)

thymine: he just said that cargo will be mass based and that there will be some kind of medium hard limit, nothing to do with your afterwards added suggestion
1. Cargo compression did make it into the game (he directly stated this in the video), but as of the video it is a hard limit.

2. However, In IRC he seemed really in favour of the idea of having a soft limit on cargo capacity. It would be odd and somewhat disappointing for it not to be the case, since it follows so naturally from what Josh actually established, Josh was in favour of it and so were a bunch of others. Again, I wasn't the first to suggest it, someone on Youtube was. So it's really his/her suggestion.
Last edited by ThymineC on Tue May 20, 2014 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

ThymineC wrote: 2. In IRC he seemed really in favour of the idea of having a soft limit on cargo capacity. It would be odd and somewhat disappointing for it not to be the case, since it follows so naturally from what Josh actually established, Josh was in favour of it and so were a bunch of others. Again, I wasn't the first to suggest it, someone on Youtube was. So it's really his suggestion.
IRC is non-canon until further notice, as always

Online Now